why we still believe in a god

tylerbrowner

22 hours ago, dimreepr said:

Sorry to much scrumpy... 🤪

That's actually a much more interesting concept than

Sorry; too much scrumpy.

which reminds me of  Arthur Dent's comment when being launched into hyperspace for the first time. "I'll never be cruel to a gin and tonic again".

23 minutes ago, John Cuthber said:

That's actually a much more interesting concept than

Sorry; too much scrumpy.

which reminds me of  Arthur Dent's comment when being launched into hyperspace for the first time. "I'll never be cruel to a gin and tonic again".

I thought about using a comma.

If you're going to use words like 'scrumpy', at least provide a translation ( in brackets ) for us non-Brits.
I shouldn't have to open another tab to find the meaning of your dialect for cider.
( just kidding, thanks for th learning experience :) )

3 hours ago, MigL said:

If you're going to use words like 'scrumpy', at least provide a translation ( in brackets ) for us non-Brits.
I shouldn't have to open another tab to find the meaning of your dialect for cider.
( just kidding, thanks for th learning experience :) )

Could be worse; the Americans don't even seem to know what cider is.

"Hard cider"; LOL.

:-)

Edited by John Cuthber

• 2 weeks later...

Since this thread is being used by some to debate if there is a god, here's my take:

neither side can be 100% sure that they are correct, it is ok to be on each side as long as you don't impose it on others. Neither side has factual evidence supporting their claims, we just have too little knowledge on the subject. So why are we still debating, a multiple century old debate at that, when we could use the time for something that could benefit humanity.

the question of if there is a god could be something I call a "driving question" (something that drives us towards learning for infinity, because it can't be answered, yet we still yearn to answer it). Hopefully this has been helpful to you dear reader 🙂