Genetically Engineering Survival?

TransformerRobot

With all the concerns about rising global temperatures and higher sea levels, not to mention no habitable planets within our reach, what are we to do to survive?

Should we start genetically altering ourselves and our animal life in order to survive changes in our environment? What are the benefits vs. the consequences?

I'd like to know since we're running out of time and options here.

Technically we are too far away to even try targeted modifications (especially large-scale). Moreover, what changes would you suggest?

Delaying negative effects of warming, and create infrastructure that can cope with rising sea levels are far more realistic options.

Technically we are too far away to even try targeted modifications (especially large-scale). Moreover, what changes would you suggest?

Delaying negative effects of warming, and create infrastructure that can cope with rising sea levels are far more realistic options.

That's what I was thinking of, yes, but I don't know how we can do so. It's not like we can modify ourselves to have gills, right?