How is space expanding ?

Spyman

"Spyguy" ? :D Anyway I don't think it's so easy to "scare" You away... :)

Does this mean that I interpreted Your view correct this time or not ?

Vacuum energy' date=' vacuum have gravity which pushes bodies apart, [/i']

The vacuum has negative pressure, so the gravity of the vacuum produces an antigravity effect that causes geodesics to diverge.

the speed due to the push is not exceeding light but the creation of new vacuum causes that,

As I said... I'm at a loss here, other than what SR says about it.

important is that the push cancels out the normal grip of gravity between the bodies,

The antigravity effect cancels with the total gravity of matter, so that mass-energy and vacuum energy nearly balance.

energy don't have to be conserved since new energy is inserted from the vacuum

Energy condensed from Einsteins static vacuum is replaced by a proportional increase in negative pressure, and so negative energy increases as well.

This effect is only "virtual" without a high-energy photon interaction to make the condensed "island" of positive matter density into a real particle pair.

Just an FYI to anyone that might be interested, but this is supposed to explain why observed antiparticles have positive mass, since condensed vaccum energy has postive mass density and pressure, whereas, it also explains the matter antimatter asymmetry, because the energy of the vacuum is less dense than matter is until you condense enough of it to achieve positive matter density and pressure.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

island, You have explained the "grip", but in a very complicated way that seems impossible for me...

The vacuum has negative pressure, so the gravity of the vacuum produces an antigravity effect that causes geodesics to diverge.
Possible but unlikely.

As I said... I'm at a loss here, other than what SR says about it.
Makes Your view cind of incomplete...

The antigravity effect cancels with the total gravity of matter, so that mass-energy and vacuum energy nearly balance.
I can't understand how it can nearly balance with both different bodies and at different distances.

The distance for balance must be different if the mass of the bodies is different and the unbalance must increase when the distance grows.

Energy condensed from Einsteins static vacuum is replaced by a proportional increase in negative pressure, and so negative energy increases as well.
Perpetuum mobile ? Not only will it keep on going, it will also amplify itself and produce matter ?

island, You have explained the "grip", but in a very complicated way that seems impossible for me...

... and you didn't bother to study the link that I so adamantly referred...

Einstein's static model is probably the simplist cosmological model in existence, once you get a grip on a couple of things:

In Einstein's model, G=0 when there is no matter... this is absolutely flat space-time, which doesn't exist, except as an idealization:

But matter exists, and rho(matter)>0

... so the density of the vacuum is less than zero, rho(vacuum)<0

The flexible rubber sheet analogy works very well here, if you stick a fork into Einstein's perfectly flat space-time and twist it into a knot, then you will achieve positive matter density after just one layer has been overlaid, so that rho>0 over this isolated region.

But the rubber sheet pulls back!... as density falls below G=0, so negative pressure very obviously increases as a result.

Spyman also said that Einstein's ideas were half-baked:

Possible but unlikely.

Einstein will be happy to know that you give him unlikely plausibility... LOL... *oye!*

spyman:

Makes Your view cind of incomplete...

...or I'm just not willing to speculate about crap that is no better than a crackpot theory without some real physics behind it... of which... you have yet to produce any of.

I wll say this much tho... the vacuum gets rarefied by particle creation so... permittivity and permeability must necessarily fall below mu_0 epsilon_0 between massive clusters if this is the case. Do the math.

spyman:

I can't understand how i can nearly balance with both different bodies and at different distances.

The distance for balance must be different if the mass of the bodies is different and the unbalance must increase when the distance grows.

I have no clue what you're talking about.

spyman asked:

Perpetuum mobile ? Not only will it keep on going, it will also amplify itself and produce matter ?

... as tension grows between the vacuum and ordinary matter until the forces are compromised and we have another big bang, yes, the only valid perpetual motion machine in existence occurs only on a grand scale, and only because negative vacuum energy is utilized to reverse the normally destructive consequences of the second law of thermodynamics at this extreme level of application:

http://www.lns.cornell.edu/spr/2005-01/msg0066400.html

... and you didn't bother to study the link that I so adamantly referred...
Sorry, I thought it was for Johnny5, (since You adressed him in that post).

"Einstein will be happy to know that you give him unlikely plausibility..."

He removed the cosmological constant himself, (with relief I heard).

"of which... you have yet to produce any of."

I woun't either, I will be satisfied if I am able to understand only small parts of my interests.

"Do the math."

I am not so good in advanced math.

"I have no clue what you're talking about."

It should have been it instead of i, which I have corrected now. What I meant was that I can't understand how the mass-energy and vacuum energy nearly can balance at different distances and different mass.

"yes, the only valid perpetual motion machine"

This is really a problem for me, even after reading Your link.

With "in a very complicated way that seems impossible for me...",

I don't mean that You are wrong or that I am trying to prove otherwise.

I simply means that I can't fully understand You and some of the parts I can sounds impossible to me.

BTW I have a math question here: http://www.scienceforums.net/forums/showthread.php?p=147778#post147778

Maybe You can help me out, since Martin may have forgotten it ?

"Sorry, I thought it was for Johnny5, (since You adressed him in that post)."

I was talking about Ned Wright's website. I mean... you seem to want to understand physics without actually studying or learning enough physics to understand the answers when you get them.

~

Einstein will be happy to know that you give him unlikely plausibility...

"He removed the cosmological constant himself, (with relief I heard)."

Which made sense until they found out that the vacuum has particle potential and a negative pressure, or more popularly... "dark energy".

~

"I will be satisfied if I am able to understand only small parts of my interests."

Then I'll be satisfied giving you half-assed answers... ;)

~

"It should have been it instead of i, which I have corrected now. What I meant was that I can't understand how the mass-energy and vacuum energy nearly can balance at different distances and different mass."

In Einstein's static cosmological model... if energy density of the total matter in the universe is greater than zero, then the energy density of the vacuum is proportionally less than zero, so they balance. What's that got to do with distance?

~

"This is really a problem for me, even after reading Your link."

Then you probably haven't studied enough about it to discuss it.

~

"in a very complicated way that seems impossible for me...,"

Yeah?... Did you read what I wrote about Einstein's vacuum in Ned's jar? Do you know how to look up rarefaction via condensation?... cuz it doesn't get much easier than that anywhere! Not to mention the vast multitude of other ways that I've explained it since I've been posting to this forum.

In other words... ALL of the information that you need has been given if you REALLY want to learn anything about it, so the ball is in your park, kiddo, because I'm about done going in circles.

~

"I don't mean that You are wrong or that I am trying to prove otherwise.

I simply means that I can't fully understand You and some of the parts I can sounds impossible to me."

LOL... then you don't understand them either... ;)

~

"BTW I have a math question here: http://www.scienceforums.net/forums/showthread.php?p=147778#post147778

Maybe You can help me out, since Martin may have forgotten it ?"

I'll give you a hint that should make it easy for you to get an idea, but different theories project different rates and outcomes that I have no desire to get into, so take this only as a base for studying the various different plausibilities given differening circumstances, because that's where cutting-edge theory lives:

The "apparent" expansion rate increases by about 162,000 miles per hour for every 3.26 million light-years farther out into space that you go.

Now, do some homework for a change, because I'm not doin it for you anymore... ;)

island it seems to me that You joined this forum with the only reason because of this thread...

So I thank You for Your effort trying to explain and convince me. :) :-) :)

I did read Ned Wright's website.

I don't have neither the time or interest to study the advanced math behind different theories.

A false vacuum has not yet been proven.

'Distance' is what will unbalance Universe according this theory.

Just because I don't belive in a "perpetual motion machine", I doesn't mean that I don't understand what it is.

I already know the Hubble constant, Ho = 71 +/- 4 km/s/Mpc

BTW: I am not a "kiddo" doing some homework.

(Edit: I have changed this reply entirely after a second thought.)