Impossible Creatures: fact or fiction?

KHinfcube22

A gene can be defined as the DNA that codes for a protein. DNA is a seemingly universal language, so splicing a gene into different organisms genome will result in that gene coding for the same protein as it did in the original. But what that protein does in the new organism isn't neccessarily the same as what it did in the original, since the protein will be interacting with very different proteins that are the product of the new organisms genome. The differences in the rabbit and piranha genomes relating to behaviour would probably be so great as to render the piranhas genes nonsensical, or for them to have very different effects.

Not so.

"Badgers on stilts will never walk out of my butt."

There we go, proof.

----------------

Actualy you have no proof they never will. suppose an alien being was to transplant a virus into you, then they might,-by the way, how do you do the quoteing thing, I can't figure it out.

Originally posted by KHinfcube22

Not so.

"Badgers on stilts will never walk out of my butt."

There we go, proof.

----------------

Actualy you have no proof they never will. suppose an alien being was to transplant a virus into you, then they might,-by the way, how do you do the quoteing thing, I can't figure it out.

I can prove that my butt is not capacious enough to accomodate any number of badgers and stilts, and I can prove that badgers have neither the dexterity, balance, co-ordination or morphology required to use stilts. Therefore I can safely stop there.

Just like I can be no less than 100% certain that a giant banana will not be responsible for dooming the galaxy, houses will never live inside people, and the ground will always be beneath the sky.

To quote, click the 'quote' button. Or use the [ quote] tag.

Originally posted by RED FIRE COW

Im gonna make up a theory righ now ok.

"just the fact that you were able to imagine it makes it possible for it to occur"

how about that!

Can only be sustained if the probability of all events occurring AND failing to occur is 100%, which in turn can only be sustained where at least one infinite operational environment exists - whether this is via multiverses, alternate timelines, parallel universes, infinite spacetime... take your pick.

If you look above you'll see that I did come up with some imaginings. According to your post, they must be manifest at some point in space or time. But it doesn't explain why. Therefore it's more of a statement than a theory.

Originally posted by RED FIRE COW

Im gonna make up a theory righ now ok.

"just the fact that you were able to imagine it makes it possible for it to occur"

how about that!

Heres the theory I'll make up, Every person is an exception to one definite rule. The rule I'm an exception for is "Nobody is perfect!"

"Nobody is perfect!"

interesting this, as one needs to define perfect. You are indeed perfect... at being you. no-one else could do it better. This is why I hate it when people say God is Perfect... I am a more perfect version of me than God could ever be.

Originally posted by Radical Edward

interesting this, as one needs to define perfect. You are indeed perfect... at being you. no-one else could do it better. This is why I hate it when people say God is Perfect... I am a more perfect version of me than God could ever be.

what about your clone?

what about your clone?

Clones may have the same DNA, but they aren't identical. For one thing, DNA doesn't specify the precise way in which blood vessels are arranged. That's different even for identical twins (identical twins have the same DNA).

Originally posted by MrL_JaKiri

Clones may have the same DNA, but they aren't identical. For one thing, DNA doesn't specify the precise way in which blood vessels are arranged. That's different even for identical twins (identical twins have the same DNA).

What about a replicant created by alien tech. and IS and exact copy of oneslef?

What about a replicant created by alien tech. and IS and exact copy of oneslef?

'What about a perfect copy? Would that be a perfect copy?'

Bit of a truism there.

Originally posted by MrL_JaKiri

Explain to me please how a 'perfect copy' has the capability to not be a 'perfect copy'?

To explain it would be to use BIG words that you won't know and sciences WAY above your level of comprehension.

To explain it would be to use BIG words that you won't know and sciences WAY above your level of comprehension.

That would be quite impressive, as I have the largest vocabulary of people I know, a rather fine grasp of mathematics and an intuitive understanding of most sciences.

Although this isn't a question of science, it's a question of linguistics and formal logic.

A =/= A is what you're essentially saying.