Micro Lab Techniques Question

Hi folks. I have a specific application in microbiology that I am investigating. I found this forum so I joined so that I could put it forward. Hopefully someone has some insight.

I'm looking for a way to separate filial generations in a microbiological propagation environment. I'm searching for a way to follow the maximum F(x) through isolation and propagation.

The issue is a bit fuzzy. Bacterial (or Fungi) generations result from division. Daughter cells are obviously children, but are in the same culture media as the parent cell. I need to have a way of separating those.

It's been some time since I've studied lab techniques and thought there might be a way to do this. The reason I need this is to avoid being called out on the final results being derived from what could possibly be argued, as from the F0 generation, seeing as they are not removed.

Any insight appreciated.

Cheers

For most bacteria

. Bacterial (or Fungi) generations result from division. Daughter cells are obviously children, but are in the same culture media as the parent cell.

In bacteria they (usually) are basically identical and the distinction does not make a lot of sense.

In cases of asymmetric one could make a stronger case for that (and use size-dependent techniques).