Why My Avast Web Shield is blocking this site?

Could it have to do with XRumerTest? I see 'it' logged in lately as a member even though 'it' has been banned and I have read that 'it' is a bootjack to spam & viruses. XRumer Note that I am not really familiar with this stuff, I just pretend to be when the mood strikes me. :P

PS Speak of the devil, this just bumped this thread: http://www.scienceforums.net/topic/87156-sand-making-machine-makes-great-contributions-to-sand-production-line/

Could it have to do with XRumerTest? I see 'it' logged in lately as a member even though 'it' has been banned and I have read that 'it' is a bootjack to spam & viruses. XRumer Note that I am not really familiar with this stuff, I just pretend to be when the mood strikes me. :P

PS Speak of the devil, this just bumped this thread: http://www.scienceforums.net/topic/87156-sand-making-machine-makes-great-contributions-to-sand-production-line/

How do you know it's XRumer? I don't think it does malware, it's a legal software...spambot....legal pain in the arse.

How do you know it's XRumer? I don't think it does malware, it's a legal software...spambot....legal pain in the arse.

I don't know if it's XRumer causing the problem with WebShield in the OP or not; I was...erhm...speculating, yeah speculating. (Sounds better than wild ass guessing don't it?) I do know XRumertest is here because I have been seeing it as logged in at the 'Show Registered Only' who's online list. >> http://www.scienceforums.net/topic/87156-sand-making-machine-makes-great-contributions-to-sand-production-line/When it's there it is grayed and you can't get to a profile the same as when a banned member logs in but can't do anything. Whatever it's doing it can't be good for the board. I reported it to an Admin but got no reply so can't say if it matters or any action was taken. My suggestion was to delete it as a member.

As to malware, well it's often bootjacked (or is that shoehorned? Hat-banded?) into spam. Any port in a storm. (Any gird in a loin?)

Edited by Acme

I don't know if it's XRumer causing the problem with WebShield in the OP or not; I was...erhm...speculating, yeah speculating. (Sounds better than wild ass guessing don't it?) I do know XRumertest is here because I have been seeing it as logged in at the 'Show Registered Only' who's online list. >> http://www.scienceforums.net/topic/87156-sand-making-machine-makes-great-contributions-to-sand-production-line/When it's there it is grayed and you can't get to a profile the same as when a banned member logs in but can't do anything. Whatever it's doing it can't be good for the board. I reported it to an Admin but got no reply so can't say if it matters or any action was taken. My suggestion was to delete it as a member.

As to malware, well it's often bootjacked (or is that shoehorned? Hat-banded?) into spam. Any port in a storm. (Any gird in a loin?)

Right. I don't often look at the Who's Online list so I don't notice.It'll only interest Cap'n Refsmat as admin and the general site computer geek I think...that's a software nuisance rather than a people one. We've spoken about XRumer before PMing. I think he does what can with it but it's always evolving with any new forum countermeasures as you probably realise.

I use Avast (pro) and have never had an access problem using this protection.

Within the last year Avast has warned when Science Forums had an attack/infection and the good Captain was quick to rectify it.

So Avast protected me (and this forum) well.

I note we seem to get a lot of cyrillic interlopers these days, carrying spam and or infections.

We should all be vigilant and report them soonest.

The price of freedom etc etc..................

Edited by studiot