Quote button not working for me

I've tried to post with a quote, (click the quote or multiquote button) but it just takes me to the bottom of the page where the reply section is, and no quoted text appears in there. Have I missed something? I just need to hit the button (or multiquote plus reply to multiple posts) and the text should appear in the reply area right?

By the way this is IE.

Edited by pears

I've tried to post with a quote, (click the quote or multiquote button) but it just takes me to the bottom of the page where the reply section is, and no quoted text appears in there. Have I missed something? I just need to hit the button (or multiquote plus reply to multiple posts) and the text should appear in the reply area right?

By the way this is IE.

It seems to be working OK in Chrome.

IIRC this stopped working properly after IE10 so I went back to it. Got a new laptop with IE11 and it's still not fixed now you mention it. A workaround is to click the top left icon next to the eraser icon and then hit the quote button. This will give you the quote in the coded form.

Do what you want to do answering and whatever then click that top button again so it's off and the quote boxes should show. If the cursor is stuck in the quote box, take to it to the end of the quote and double-click. If you are going to do multiple quotes keep it in coded form until you have finished them all.