I have never taken a physics course

AndresKiani

You're not the only one to discover this late. I'm 25 and in my final year of physics. Did a completely different degree before. I blame school, they never tell you how powerful maths and physics is. At the age of 21 I thought that maths was just counting, multiplying and dividing. I work funding my tuition for physics. I know 2 other people in the same boat who are also doing physics as a second degree. No one is stopping you and the people on this forum (especially the experts and mods.. and studiot) are amazing and will help you in every way. The fact that they do it all for free shows their passion. Money cannot buy the attention and advice they give you. Trust me i've hired a few private tutors and as soon as they're paid you never hear from them again until you're paying for the next session.

You'll find that Math and Physics profs are not a happy bunch like we are here.

They present 'dry' material and have no sense of humor ( specially Math ).

We on the other hand are a happy-go-lucky bunch who all love each other.

Seriously, its never too late and a fun journey.

I wish I was back.

It's not an uncommon lack in our education system unfortunately. My advise is go to your local college. Take their aptitude test to measure your education level. Then talk to their counsellor. In Canada we have a GED home course. Your locale may have similar programs. The GED isn't the greatest but it will allow you to meet the requirements for post secondary physics should you wish to pursue a physics career. As mentioned were glad to help those that desire to learn.

Until you can get formal physics education you can check out edx.org where there are at least 5 (that I have done) good university level physics courses - there are complete run-throughs of Walter Lewin's first year Physics at MIT, further mechical modelling from MIT, Quantum Computation from Berkeley; all come with lectures, notes, homework, and exams. If you take it seriously you will learn a huge amount. There are many many more but these are the 5 that I have completed - they are proper work and if you stick to the course you will have to spend a decent amount of time but you will benefit immediately.

Yeah, my initial major was software engineering and than I got into Neuroscience. I'm graduating this spring with a degree of some sort, I've already applied for graduation and I'm taking Physics 1 this spring so I'm pretty excited.

I just turned 21, exactly two months ago and I'm seriously considering physics major.