internet pc conection problem.

Amateur_sientest

Well I have a problem whit internet conection.When Im on the internet my pc always disconets and conets to modem and have every time to refresf the page to continue, and its inposible to watch a movie on this pc.Any idea for fixing it?

processor : AMD Athlon 64 processor 3200+ 2.00 GHz

RAM memory : 512 MB

type : 32-bit Windows 7 Ultimate

Network adapter : Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet

Modem : Scientific-Atlante WebSTAR 2000 series Cable Modem

The first thing that I notice is that the RAM in your machine is way too low for Windows 7. It wants to be at least 1GB preferably 2GB as a minimumum. Your computer is just going to run a bit and then hang then run all the time whilst it swap files info between the RAM and virtual hard drive it has to use because there isn't enough RAM.

As a speculation, your connection might be timing out because your computer keeps hanging from the VERY low RAM.

Press ctrl-alt-del and check out in Task Manager how much memory is consumed during playing video..

On WinXP after booting system and opening Firefox and starting browsing net (3 tabs) memory usage is already 987 MB = ~1 GB almost.

Edited by Sensei

The first thing that I notice is that the RAM in your machine is way too low for Windows 7. It wants to be at least 1GB preferably 2GB as a minimumum. Your computer is just going to run a bit and then hang then run all the time whilst it swap files info between the RAM and virtual hard drive it has to use because there isn't enough RAM.

That's a good idea RAM is really really cheap. You can have a maximum of 3.5GB on windows 7