Formula books?

Marshalscienceguy

I want to learn formulas for different kinds of math. I know mostly the the ones for Geometry and Algebra. I was going take the SAT and I wanted to review. Is there any books I could buy that are just math formulas for various types of math? Since the formulas are what you need to remember to do the equations. I remember some of them but I want to make sure I know them before I test. I been out of school for awhile now.

Edited by Marshalscienceguy

your best bet for it is a sat study book...

if i remember correctly, isnt that the college entrance test?

if so, then you will find they are prepared to weed out those with all memory and no brain.

it tests something else.

you will need a sucessful angle of attack to answer your questions as they are designed to see if you catch the simple stuff and make you spend time on pointless calculations.

testing skills for this one....

you dont need formulas, you need a fireman's hat...

Edited by davidivad

your best bet for it is a sat study book...

if i remember correctly, isnt that the college entrance test?

if so, then you will find they are prepared to weed out those with all memory and no brain.

it tests something else.

you will need a sucessful angle of attack to answer your questions as they are designed to see if you catch the simple stuff and make you spend time on pointless calculations.

testing skills for this one....

you dont need formulas, you need a fireman's hat...

What do you mean a firemans hat? I need the formula since I dont remember all the formulas they taught us.

the trick is not knowing the formulas because they are given where needed.

at least thats what i remember...lol

they will even have trig problems and so forth.

what will work best for the test is the ability to step back and find the QUICKEST solution.

an sat book teaches you not only the neccessary formulas but the best techniques to save time.

... you will not be looking to get right answers but instead find short cuts to the problem.

so, short answer, you need an sat book for the sat.

and a firemans hat to respond quickly.

I want to learn formulas for different kinds of math. I know mostly the the ones for Geometry and Algebra. I was going take the SAT and I wanted to review. Is there any books I could buy that are just math formulas for various types of math? Since the formulas are what you need to remember to do the equations. I remember some of them but I want to make sure I know them before I test. I been out of school for awhile now.

I would not generally advise simply trying to learn formulas, but at some level you just want to get through the exam. There are many formula books, dictionaries and handbooks full of formulae, you should find one that is aimed for the SAT.

Is this https://professionals.collegeboard.com/profdownload/sat-mathematics-review.pdf any use to you?

Edited by ajb