Do You Think Dark Matter and Dark Energy Is Related?

No they are not similar or related. If they were their distribution and properties would have similarities. Dark matter isnt nearly as evenly distributed as the cosmological constant aka dark energy. The amount of dark matter is finite throughout the universes evolotion in time where the total amount of dark energy increases as the universe expands. If one caused the other then the rate of change would in one species would reflect upon the rate of change in the other species.

They are related only in how little we know about them. Up and down are related only in that they are both directions.

I have seen mentions of models based on something called "Chapylin gas" that unites the two. I have no idea if that is at all plausible or even valid.

Try googling "chapylin". It does not exist on the internet. Any other spellings?

Interesting how little Wiki has to say about chapygin gas or Chapygin the man. Only an equation. Can anyone explain that equation and maybe give us a clue how that unites dark matter and dark energy?

Alternatively it could be that he still isn't named Chapygin - Sergey Chaplygin

The equation is fluid dynamics. In certain cases some brane theories spacetime behaviour can be analogised to fluid dynamics. Some brane theorists have thus used the ideas behind some his fluid dynamics (I have no idea if it is encompassed in the equation that bears his name) and posited an exotic (ie wildy hypothetical) substance which would allow their models to work.