Demons, devils and things that go bump in the night.

Dr. Funkenstein

I for one do not give validity to those things which make up the battalion of evil. The possibility that things exist, that were wholly created by mans insistence of thoughts, may be correct. But these things are the product of thoughts, inclined to produce this evil. To me there is no doubt, that some things we are for the most part unaware of, but do however exist. These lords, fathers and workmen have no connection to evil whatsoever.

Religion opens the door for these hellish creatures, who primarily exist as a alternative to following the dictates of a particular religious doctrine. If you have cause to question, rather or not a God exist, the very next question, would have to be, "Why would such a being create an opposing force, to it's own existence". I would say that A God, of such a magnitude, could produce nothing but Goodness unbounded. Not goodness as a duality of badness or evil, but a goodness evident in the works of his creation (nature), which functions in accord, with cosmic law and order. Build your house at the base of a active volcano, and the chances are you will be consumed by the fire, no evil intended, just the workings of the law, physics of volcanoes.

These days evil has it's own religion, deal in this foolishness and reap the rewards of your creation. To the things that are but are unknown or misunderstood, best to learn about what you may be dealing with, and approach these things with purity of thought, otherwise your true intentions or thoughts may bring your devil out of you and on you.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I for one do not give validity to those things which make up the battalion of evil. The possibility that things exist, that were wholly created by mans insistence of thoughts, may be correct. But these things are the product of thoughts, inclined to produce this evil. To me there is no doubt, that some things we are for the most part unaware of, but do however exist. These lords, fathers and workmen have no connection to evil whatsoever.

Religion opens the door for these hellish creatures, who primarily exist as a alternative to following the dictates of a particular religious doctrine. If you have cause to question, rather or not a God exist, the very next question, would have to be, "Why would such a being create an opposing force, to it's own existence". I would say that A God, of such a magnitude, could produce nothing but Goodness unbounded. Not goodness as a duality of badness or evil, but a goodness evident in the works of his creation (nature), which functions in accord, with cosmic law and order. Build your house at the base of a active volcano, and the chances are you will be consumed by the fire, no evil intended, just the workings of the law, physics of volcanoes.

These days evil has it's own religion, deal in this foolishness and reap the rewards of your creation. To the things that are but are unknown or misunderstood, best to learn about what you may be dealing with, and approach these things with purity of thought, otherwise your true intentions or thoughts may bring your devil out of you and on you.

I agree. As someone who ONLY believes in science I find believing in "evil" is the equivalent to believing in "god". To entertain these ideas of evil is to be illogical. If we aren't capable of seeing a "god" as a physical representation here on earth why would he allow us to see a physical representation of evil. Additionally, what are the odds that his evil creations coincide with ideas from classic literature (vampires, ghosts, devils). Make no mistake about it, you entertain one, you are entertaining the other. There is no "evil" without a "god".

• 3 months later...

Just playing Devil's Advocate, har har.

The story goes, well, at least my interpretation, that God created angels then he created humans. He asked his two top angels, Jesus and Lucifer to come up with plans to help humanity become like God, to teach them the wisdom of God. Lucifer's plan was to go to Earth and tell the humans what to do and if they did the wrong thing, to punish them. Jesus' plan was to let the humans learn from trial and error, to discover the wisdom for themselves, so that they would have history as an example of why the right path is the right path. Jesus also said he would go down to Earth and lead by example. God chose Jesus' plan. Lucifer got angry and thought he knew better than God and attempted to overthrow God. God cast Lucifer and the treasonous angels out of heaven. Lucifer and his "demons" decided they would undermine Jesus' plan, to prove that it wouldn't work, by tempting humans off the path. Ultimately Lucifer just helped Jesus, because it gave humans more bad experiences to learn from, ultimately making them wiser. Eventually humans will develop a good theory of Psychology and Sociology, embrace Moral Universalism and have an enlightened government.

On another note, I may be going off topic with this one, Exorcism. I really believe it worked. Back in the day, when people believed in demons, some guy came over, read a bunch of incantations, shook the bed with his foot maybe, got the patient believing it, then said "you're cured" and they were cured. Psychology-wise, if the patient believed it would cure them of their mental disorder, it probably did. Posession was really just like Rape Trauma Syndrome, Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder and Generalized Anxiety Disorder. How demonic are those people! Scratching themselves, freaking out for no reason at all, biting their fingernails, with their awkward body language, and their unexplainable facial expressions as they experience one delusion after another. lol

Edited by 3blake7