How much money is this?

Marshalscienceguy

I guess this is more of a math question. I not sure becuase like in school they always made us put the dollars first and add dot and two 00 at the end. I never seen USD put like this. If 17.4024 USD is 13.000 Euro does that mean its equal to 17dollars? or am I doing this totally wrong? I was wondering if it meant 17000.00 but than why would they not just put the 0s in front. I got this off a converting website and this is what it did. I am like super confused... The reason I would be suprised if its in fact 17$ is becuase its a school.

I'm not sure quite what you are asking. But note that in Europe, the usage of dot and comma are reversed. So where the US and UK would write $1,234.98 (or 1,234.98 USD) for one thousand two hundred and 34 dollars ninety eight, most European countries would write $1.234,98 (or 1.234,98 USD).

In international exchange, it is quite common to put more digits behind the dot, because when you exchange thousands of dollars into euros, these digits start to matter.

So, nobody is going to price a sandwich at 1.9353 dollars, but if you look up the current exchange rate, then 1 euro will buy you 1.26339 dollars.

Obviously, when you only exchange 1 euro, you get 1.26 dollar.

When you exchange 10 euro, you get 12.63 dollar

But when you exchange 1000000 euro, you get 1263390.00 dollar.

I am not sure why they chose this particular example of 13 euro... but I guess that's just the teacher trying to make it harder?

Hope this helps.