unification of science and religion

mcompengr

I don't drink, thank you. A theory of everything must include everything....including religions. May I further amuse you with the prospect that everything imaginable and real was coded mathematically prior to the big bang and that places a limit on human free will in the present day.   If any stray thought, feeling or emotion (or imagined god) thought up by a  sentient being, let along matter and energies to play around with, is not coded within the structure of math, you can't have it physically or even imagine it.....so you can only think or feel what was in the  "big bang library, fiction section" . Although that limits the will, so to speak, the upper bound is only restricted by a near infinite numerical possibility set... so you and trillions of others could each imagine a unique thing millions of times per day for the lifespan of the universe and not make a dent in the available library contents. 

Edited by hoola

On 8/2/2018 at 2:03 PM, mcompengr said:

A fossilized whale was just found, and it has the word יונה  (Jonah in Hebrew) on a hatband in its stomach.

On 8/2/2018 at 2:10 PM, Moontanman said:

Whales cannot swallow a man sized object and inside a whale is a whale's stomach full of whale digestive juices, not air, no oxygen, and we have to believe a man could live encased in stomach acid, without drowning in said acid because we are all idiots? You've been watching too many disney movies dude. 

Give me a link to your source so everyone else can see how stupid it is...  

:D:P Hey Moontanman he was joking! wasn't he? :o

10 minutes ago, beecee said:

:D:P Hey Moontanman he was joking! wasn't he? :o

I damn sure hope so... But to be honest I've seen even more obtuse assertions being passed off as true... I like to ride the ragged edge quite a bit, I watch and or listen to a lot of crap that most people pass over without a thought, give me a unique perspective one some aspects of the conspiracy underground...  

Edited by Moontanman

I realize that what i am saying is ridiculous, but until, and if ever, someone comes up with a better set of ideas about  the "Why Anything" question,  and "Why did things turn out like what we see" this is my "Placeholder" pet idea. YOU come up with something that is better  and doesn't need an omnipotent god to set things going, and I would be quite thankful...

59 minutes ago, hoola said:

I don't drink, thank you. A theory of everything must include everything....including religions. May I further amuse you with the prospect that everything imaginable and real was coded mathematically prior to the big bang and that places a limit on human free will in the present day.   If any stray thought, feeling or emotion (or imagined god) thought up by a  sentient being, let along matter and energies to play around with, is not coded within the structure of math, you can't have it physically or even imagine it.....so you can only think or feel what was in the  "big bang library, fiction section" . Although that limits the will, so to speak, the upper bound is only restricted by a near infinite numerical possibility set... so you and trillions of others could each imagine a unique thing millions of times per day for the lifespan of the universe and not make a dent in the available library contents. 

36 minutes ago, hoola said:

I realize that what i am saying is ridiculous, but until, and if ever, someone comes up with a better set of ideas about  the "Why Anything" question,  and "Why did things turn out like what we see" this is my "Placeholder" pet idea. YOU come up with something that is better  and doesn't need an omnipotent god to set things going, and I would be quite thankful...

Try being honest with yourself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4a7F6dOdlc

1 hour ago, hoola said:

that is a meaningless statement....and not even wrong when addressing the topic.

Again this brings your honesty into question, as Sagan iterates. You can amuze yourself as much as you like, by imagining unscientific and unevidenced concepts, and yes as far as science is concerned, a great majority of that is ridiculous. You sit there all pretentious and claim you find it hard to fathom spacetime, and instead put forth some sort of imaginary omnipotent creature? You fail to recognise that most of which at one time long ago, was unexplainable, unless we invoke some silly omnipotent being, is now explainable by science. No need for your imaginary friend. While science still has a way to go to  explain everything, you chose to short circuit that debate by "a god of the gaps" myth. Meaningless indeed. In the meantime science continues on with the task at hand.

I don't see what "honesty" has much to do with the topic.  I am just stating ideas, not claiming them to be true, for a discussion of the specifics of them..

Edited by hoola