Shocks in head

Hi everyone

Few minutes ago, I experienced a 'wave' of shocks in my head. I have experienced these shocks before.

I woke up at 10.45 a.m. Now it's 1.20 a.m.

Normally, I go to sleep at 10.00 p.m. and wake up at 5.00 a.m. (thought it might be important, my hours of sleep)

They start all of a sudden, and last for like, 1 minute or so, with breaks inbetween them (e.g. 5 shocks, brake of 10 seconds, 3 shocks, ...)

I've now been lying on my side, my laptop in front of me (positioned on its side too, just for comfort) and now the shocks began. Can't really explain what they are, but it's like all muscles in my head or whatever (not facial muscles) contract, I hear a high pitch sound for every shock and they follow up quite quickly - reminds me of a quick heart rate. Can't remember if I can 'see' these shocks or if they affect my vision.

The shocks stopped as soon as I turned myself on my back, searching the internet for clues.

I also hear something I regularly hear when I do something else... Something else I can't really explain, but I think it's something with contracting muscles in my ear, or behind my jaw and beyond my ears, can't really explain it, but if I do that, I hear some sort of deep sound, unexplainable. With these shocks, I hear that sound too with every shock.

I said I experienced these shocks before. I usually 'experience' these shocks when I enter a big empty room with no person inside, stepping slowly into that room. I know - it sounds crazy, but don't ask me to explain it more clearly.

One other crazy testimonial: experienced it years ago when I tried to summon spirits with some friends (yes I was very young and no, I didn't believe in spirits and let's switch to another subject before this thread starts to get paranormal).

I think the shocks mostly occur in a state of extreme relaxation.

I don't take any medicine or other drugs. I may have a low blood pressure (I quickly get dizzy when standing up).

I hope anyone can help me on defining what these shocks are.

Thanks.

Function

EDIT: it's like a really hard heart beat... I can also feal it in my hands

Edited by Function

I get what is like a bullet going through my head and I looked it up the next day and I found a syndrome called "exploding head syndrome" I am always nearly asleep, and there is some undefined sensation prior to it, but no sounds as in your case, then this single event, the suddenness of the explosion is like a single "bang". It wakes you up obviously but there are no ill effects after that.

I have had it 3 times in the last year or so.

Edited by Robittybob1

When did you first experience your symptoms?<quote> (I quickly get dizzy when standing up).</quote> how long a day do you sit??

Oh boy... Years ago... Like... A lot of years ago... At least 6 years ago, I was in primary school, walking into an empty classroom, slowly, and then they came...

Sit for a quite long time, truth be told... Less in the weekends, however, but I can't put a time on it

Edited by Function

This site can't- and doesn't- supply medical advice.

Go and see a doctor.

I know, but it doesn't affect my lifestyle in any way, nor does it seem severe to me. I don't need medical advice, just a healthy debate on what it might just be :)

I get what is like a bullet going through my head and I looked it up the next day and I found a syndrome called "exploding head syndrome" I am always nearly asleep, and there is some undefined sensation prior to it, but no sounds as in your case, then this single event, the suddenness of the explosion is like a single "bang". It wakes you up obviously but there are no ill effects after that.

I have had it 3 times in the last year or so.

Exploding head syndrome comes close... But I wasn't asleep.

I know, but it doesn't affect my lifestyle in any way, nor does it seem severe to me. I don't need medical advice, just a healthy debate on what it might just be :)

When I said it wakes you up I wasn't asleep either but just about to sleep.

Is it there consistently or does it appear and disappear?

It's very occasionally, in those situations explicitely described above... Very strange indeed...

Now here's how I'd like to describe it too: it happens in those situations when doing something you're deemed not to, knowing that someone might show up... (E.g. I had to put a letter on a desk in an empty classroom in primary school when I was very young, walking very slowly in the empty classroom (lights turned off), knowing that a teacher might just show up behind me... Okay, I wasn't doing something I was deemed not to, but... Ah screw this I can't explain it any better, sorry!)

I've now been lying on my side, my laptop in front of me (positioned on its side too, just for comfort) and now the shocks began. Can't really explain what they are, but it's like all muscles in my head or whatever (not facial muscles) contract, I hear a high pitch sound for every shock and they follow up quite quickly - reminds me of a quick heart rate. Can't remember if I can 'see' these shocks or if they affect my vision.

The shocks stopped as soon as I turned myself on my back, searching the internet for clues.

How long do they last usually? Do they feel to be predominantly on a particular side of your body or both at the same time?

Edited by fiveworlds

Regardless of the fact it doesn't 'seem severe' to you, and isn't affecting your lifestyle I would still check it out with a doctor. Do you have free health consultancy in Belgium?

Edited by pears

Regardless of the fact it doesn't 'seem severe' to you, and isn't affecting your lifestyle I would still check it out with a doctor. Do you have free health consultancy in Belgium?

Nearly free, yes.

How long do they last usually? Do they feel to be predominantly on a particular side of your body or both at the same time?

How long the shocks last? Or the 'waves'? The shocks themselves are as quick as blinking eyes, the waves about 30 secs, with breaks; both sides of the body at the same time

Edited by Function