EMR questions

Relative

I am a little confused, you say that it has nothing to do with density, are you saying that more humid is not an increase in the viscosity of the atmosphere , and there is not more water vapour apparent?

Sigh. There you go again, throwing random words and concepts together as if you understood what any of them meant.

Yes, there is more water vapour. That is what "humidity" means.

I have no idea whether humidity increases or decreases the viscosity of air. But that has nothing to do with discharging static electricity.

I have no idea whether humidity increases or decreases the density of air. But that has nothing to do with discharging static electricity.

I don't know if there is any connection between humidity, viscosity and density. At the moment I don't craee because ... It that has nothing to do with discharging static electricity.

And emr increases the work an atom does, if a solid object has increased interior atomic reactions to emr, then surely by expansion they impose a friction on the molecules and their bindings?

I don't know what "increased interior atomic reactions" is supposed to mean.

Friction is what occurs between two surfaces:

Friction is the force resisting the relative motion of solid surfaces, fluid layers, and material elements sliding against each other.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Friction

It has nothing to do with electromagnetic radiation.

Edited by Strange

Sigh. There you go again, throwing random words and concepts together as if you understood what any of them meant.

Yes, there is more water vapour. That is what "humidity" means.

I have no idea whether humidity increases or decreases the viscosity of air. But that has nothing to do with discharging static electricity.

I have no idea whether humidity increases or decreases the density of air. But that has nothing to do with discharging static electricity.

I don't know if there is any connection between humidity, viscosity and density. At the moment I don't craee because ... It that has nothing to do with discharging static electricity.

I don't know what "increased interior atomic reactions" is supposed to mean.

Friction is what occurs between two surfaces:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Friction

It has nothing to do with electromagnetic radiation.

I do know what friction is, my body emits emr, I rub a surface, the emr also rubs the surface?

Really? Then why would you say:

No. Of course EMR doesn't "rub the surface".

I put my finger on a temperature device and without movement the temperature gauge rises, is it emr that causes this?

and this may sound a strange question, electro in electromagnetic suggest electricity, did you not say there was no electrostatic in the air?

I am a little confused, you say that it has nothing to do with density, are you saying that more humid is not an increase in the viscosity of the atmosphere , and there is not more water vapour apparent?

There is more water. The viscosity has nothing to do with it and humid air is generally less dense than dry air (water has less mass than the O2 or N2 it would replace at constant P, V and T)

And emr increases the work an atom does, if a solid object has increased interior atomic reactions to emr, then surely by expansion they impose a friction on the molecules and their bindings?

EMR doesn't increase work.

Friction is a surface effect.

In a solid the atoms or molecules are vibrating in (usually) some sort of lattice. As the temperature goes up they vibrate more.

I put my finger on a temperature device and without movement the temperature gauge rises, is it emr that causes this?

No. It is heat conduction. Mainly (there will also be a small amount of thermal [infra-red] radiation). But that has nothing to do with rubbing.

and this may sound a strange question, electro in electromagnetic suggest electricity, did you not say there was no electrostatic in the air?

I didn't say that. But the air has nothing to do with electromagnetism.

I can not remember doing Physics in school, most of what I know is self taught by the internet and forums

Your teacher didn't understand what he was teaching.

The internet offers a broad range of information, but you need to know the basics (no, no, no you don't) before you can discern between good and bad information.