what are the barriers of understanding ?

ark200

In part it maybe the lack of experience. If you don't have some grasp of the language or enough of the background than is needed, then you will find it difficult to understand some statement. For example, you may not understand the seeming simple statement "Every simply connected, closed 3-manifold is homeomorphic to the 3-sphere".

Assuming that you don't understand this statement, the barrier is just that you do not have the right "dictionary" nor any experience of understanding similar statements. This is absolutely independent of any IQ measurement*.

---------------------------------------------------

*So, quacks beware, your IQ does not impress anyone!

In part it maybe the lack of experience. If you don't have some grasp of the language or enough of the background than is needed, then you will find it difficult to understand some statement. For example, you may not understand the seeming simple statement "Every simply connected, closed 3-manifold is homeomorphic to the 3-sphere".

Assuming that you don't understand this statement, the barrier is just that you do not have the right "dictionary" nor any experience of understanding similar statements. This is absolutely independent of any IQ measurement*.

---------------------------------------------------

*So, quacks beware, your IQ does not impress anyone!

fixed pattern of belief system is not responsible? our conditioning done by society is not responsible?

fixed pattern of belief system is not responsible? our conditioning done by society is not responsible?

There are probably many factors, but it looks like you already had your own question answered before posing it. I predict this is going to be a thread bashing mainstream science. Somehow, inexplicably, it will probably be tied back to Darwin at some point.

Honestly, I think one of the worst barriers to understanding is our own cognitive biases. Critical thinking can overcome this, but too many people never learn it, and the rest of us have to suffer.

• 2 months later...

Moderators: please allow the prior post to remain. It is pertinent to thread, since it demonstrates the point made by ajb that to understand something we must know the relevant vocabulary.

Thus, my Russian was insufficient to understand the specific content. However, my familiarity with the formatting of spam and associated characteristics (members with a single post) allowed me to understand its nature in two seconds.