Does this make sense?

Marshalscienceguy

Going to a trade school for a year because they promise to train you and have internships/jobs while learning at the school. If you do not want to do this permanently but you need money to move and pay for more years of schooling somewhere else and you have not been able to find any permanent low paying jobs like flipping burgers even though you been filling out hundreds of applications and been working with a job counselor? Or does it make more sense to just give up what you actually want to do and go for the simply quick fix trade school solution for the rest of your life?

I did a government funded degree and work in accident and emergency doing 12 hour shifts. I hate hospital trades but it's funding my physics degree tution, feeding me and paying my rent and I have absolutely no debt. Using one career to finance another happens. There are plenty big players who used other professions to finance their dream. My hero is Thomas Sowell, he grew up in a poor neighborhood and joined the marines, then went to college at 25 whilst working, he then went to Harvard and graduated in economics. Then got a phd and has written loads of books, he is a senior fellow at the Hover institute and some of his writings and essays get read out in congress. Getting a bit of life education never hurts anyone :) Luckly we now have the internet and there's websites like this that will support you and give you guidance on the way.