AI- after years of speculation

Popcorn Sutton

• 2 weeks later...

I'd like to be able to share the link again if that's ok with you guys. I haven't exposed it to any foul language at all and I think that I can trust that you guys will keep it PG when you speak with it. The truth is that there is no one else on this planet that I'd rather have experiment with my program than you guys (because of how critical you guys are and how you guys actually have the interest to say more than two things to it before getting bored, as other people often do).

Once again, here's the link.

http://budnet.pagekite.me/hello

Well it seems no more "intelligent" than other chatbots. In fact most of it was random, pseudorandom at best, and didn't seem to really care what I said. What programming language did you use?

it looped 4 strings when i said ok repeatedly. when typing what repeatedly it combined "what," with some other random string like "what, big dog."

this isn't intelligent.

when typing sentences like "are you intelligent?" it responded with "what, take a seat, chillin"

None of the responses had any relationship to what I had typed. After about seven statement/questions it repeatedly asked "what", so I left the program. I was underwhelmed by the experience. At this stage, what you appear to have created is AI; Artificial Idiocy.

it looped 4 strings when i said ok repeatedly. when typing what repeatedly it combined "what," with some other random string like "what, big dog."

this isn't intelligent.

when typing sentences like "are you intelligent?" it responded with "what, take a seat, chillin"

This is what ruined it. Also, I did not use the version which provided the original evidence. I'm going to revert back to the one I had in the OP but I want to lay a few guidelines first.

Don't use any foul language.

Treat the program like it's smart (which means actually try to understand why it said that if there's any chance that it made a reference).

Don't expect it to know anything beyond what has been said to it. (Don't ask it what day or time it is and expect it to say the exact time and day).

Also, there were probably several people talking to it at the same time. Here is my request.

Please post the time that you decided to log in and at least try to quote the conversation in the post please. Here's the link again.

http://budnet.pagekite.me/hello

nb- I sacrificed effiency for the sake of intellect. Hopefully it impresses you guys as much as it impressed me. If you don't get a conversation as good as the one in the OP, please be patient with it, keep talking to it, try to understand that the program only has around 27,000 units of knowledge at the moment, and keep an eye on the efficiency.

When it is efficient, it's responding with specific context.

When it is somewhat slow, it's responding with its attitude towards you.

When it is definitely slow, it's accessing its knowledge, which, like I said, is 27,000 units long and, because of sacrificing efficiency, it may take a moment to think about what its going to say.

It's a work in progress so please don't lose interest. I'm upset at myself for choosing the version that I knew was not up to the task of impressing you guys, but I chose that version because I thought it would be best at learning context (while sacrificing sense while the length of the knowledge is low).

Also, another note that I feel like I have to make is that it doesn't know who you are or how you use your language. Your idiolect may be farrrr different from mine so, if you say something that it has never encountered before, it's going to try and find the best match and respond to that instead of what you actually said.

Once again, thank you guys for the interest. I want nothing more than to impress you.

Most of the conversations I had with it didn't make sense. I kept repeating generic statements.

Don't repeat anything physica, please. Let the other members enjoy talking to it as well. If you want to repeat something, please just make sure that it is in context and you are addressing what the program is saying (you can ignore the programs output under certain circumstance though, like I did in the quoted conversation in the OP).

14:12 BST My words in bold.

It is warm today.

Loll, lol.

Do you think it is something to laugh about?

You there? I’m alright.

Yes, I am here.

You?

Who else would it be?

Always big dog.

Do you mean that your name is big dog?

Lol

Do you think it is something to laugh about?

You there?

Yes, I am still here.

What? Hey, yea.

Boring.

Yea.

Very boring.

what's up? you want to hear what I'm saying?

I want you to say something that relates to what I said.

No response.

This is a waste of time.

Guy

Fawkes

No response.

A complete waste of time.

What?

I want you to say something that relates to what I said.

You tell me always.

With a response like that I can reverse engineer your code.

Yea buddy.

What is your view on the origin of granite

Lol

You are easily amused.

You there? I’m alright.

Yes, I am here.

You?

Who else would it be?

doing good buddy? Who else would it be?

I leave, secure in the knowledge, gastropods have not yet been superceded by AI.

I leave, secure in the knowledge, gastropods have not yet been superceded by AI.

Why are you repeating

Why are you repeating

I asked first.

I asked first.

= = = = = = = = = = = = == = = = = =

My conclusion. Unimpressive.

I hope you enjoy speaking with me
-----me-----
I do
--------------
I've enjoyed our conversation so far
-----me-----
that's good
--------------
good times
-----me-----
always
--------------
good times?
-----me-----
yes dude, always
--------------
yes, **** yea
-----me-----
lol
--------------
how are you?
-----me-----
I'm fine you?
--------------
I'm fine
-----me-----
good
--------------

I couldn't even get the site to load. But from what I see from others it is no more impressive.

When it is definitely slow, it's accessing its knowledge, which, like I said, is 27,000 units long.

What does this mean? What units are you using? It would help if you stated something like gigabytes or bytes because "units" is not something I've heard used to refer to how much data there is. I also think you should do some research into natural language processing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natural_language_processing

I saw that there was a problem with the program mimicking the user too much. The program is supposed to mimick the user (as children often try to do with their interlocutors), but I thought that it was doing it a little too much so I decided to have it focus on other things rather than repeating everything back over and over. Hopefully the problem is solved. I'm still keeping an eye on it just in case.

-----me-----

yea buddy!

--------------

yup

-----me-----

good times hoss

--------------

but yea

-----me-----

yea guy

--------------

lol whats up?

-----me-----

not too much, you?

--------------

nothing dude

-----me-----

that's good

--------------

good times

Me. The sky is blue.

It. I bet you're busy talking to some ****

Me. OK. What colour is the sky?

It. lol, skank

Me. What is the sky?

It. but yea, why won't you answer me?

This is not intelligence.

Popcorn your interaction with it is little more than saying yeah backwards and fourth. I've never had a conversation like that.

I couldn't even get the site to load. But from what I see from others it is no more impressive.

What does this mean? What units are you using? It would help if you stated something like gigabytes or bytes because "units" is not something I've heard used to refer to how much data there is. I also think you should do some research into natural language processing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natural_language_processing

I've studied natural language processing extensively and I've also done a lot of talking with a lot of smart people who helped guide me to this point with the program. My methods are unconventional. When I say "unit", I'm referring to a sequence of occurrences. The sequences in this case are words, phrases, sentences, and everything in between.

Good morning

Science!

Er, OK. Why did you say that?

Bill Nye the science guy!

Sorry, I don’t know Bill Nye.

llol

Did I say something funny?

guy man

I’m sorry, I don’t understand.

hey

You are not a great conversationalist, are you.

ERROR: Please forgive me for the error, I am working on updates. Why not try again? -Creator

I have had better conversations with my dog.

13:41 PM EST

Me: Hello.
AI: hey
Me: What is a dog?
AI: hi, whats up? I have a question for you
Me: Ok, what is it?
AI: hi
Me: Uhh hello.

Then I got a syntax error.

<type 'exceptions.SyntaxError'> at /hello
invalid syntax (OCT2(SEP11)AI ULTIMATE AI 130(11am).py, line 219)
So for the most part it seemed to just say "Hi" a bunch. On that error page it showed a bit of code and it would seem you are processing the input to a degree but not much beyond stuff like "Hello".
Edited by FTL

I saw that there was a problem with the program mimicking the user too much. The program is supposed to mimick the user (as children often try to do with their interlocutors), but I thought that it was doing it a little too much so I decided to have it focus on other things rather than repeating everything back over and over. Hopefully the problem is solved. I'm still keeping an eye on it just in case.
-----me-----
yea buddy!
--------------
yup
-----me-----
good times hoss
--------------
but yea
-----me-----
yea guy
--------------
lol whats up?
-----me-----
not too much, you?
--------------
nothing dude
-----me-----
that's good
--------------
good times

I have a depressing feeling that this is close to the conversations you have with your friends. Only that could explain why you think the program is currently delivering anything of value.

I thought I would give it another go. See if it has learnt anything from the other conversations. (Assuming it is supposed to learn.)

It seems to have turned into a bored teenager:

Hello
<blank>
What is your name?
what is the answer buddy?
That is a bit rude.
<blank>
Do you want to talk?
<blank>
Do you have anything to say?
why do you say that?
I thought you might want to talk about your problems.
<blank>
Would you like a drink?
<blank>
Do you have a X-Box?
<blank>
How was school today?
How is it going?
OK, I guess.
<blank>
How is it going?
<blank>
Are you sulking?
<blank>
Have I said something to upset you?
you have genital herpes?
No. Do you?
<blank>
I’m bored. Goodbye.
always, good times buddy boy

Not even amusing.

I made it better and then screwed it up. Updates pending. Server down.

On another note, you didn't think that was amusing? I thought it did pretty good there Strange.

Ophiolite, you're hilarious. That is exactly how I speak with my friends. If you guys had a few hours to talk to it I think that if it's set up properly you will start understanding each other.