iphone5c problems

fresh

this iphone drives me crazy ! i cant exchange any data with my PC ! Must i use iphone to download anything i need ?? is this the only way ??

my old phone has lots of useful functions, however this SMART phone is not that smart as i expect.

why iphone5 does not have caller location identification ? my old one has it without any charge.

the another not-user-friendly thing is the bluetooth is useless between iphone and other phones.

Edited by fresh

I guess he is talking about music or other type of media. There is iTunes software to move such files from Pc to iPhone, you can use third party softwares which can be risky or maleware.

You can't go phone to computer, though, as an impediment to piracy. But some data can be synched in both directions.

hi,guys,

how can i connect my iphone5c to my PC to get data exchange ?

thanks. :)

I don't have iPhone, but Samsung.

Typically I am simply connecting USB cable (it's part of phone package) between them and phone asks in which mode it should run.

One of modes is to work as disk storage. (Other mode is f.e. use phone as modem to connect computer to Internet, people use it very often in hospitals. Needs phone & laptop, but pricey as hell. People usually disable images & flash in browser to not bankrupt)

After that computer see my phone as yet another disk with the first free letter.

f.e. H:\

You can then use Windows explorer to visit that location, and copy paste files like you would do with any other remote flash USB memory stick f.e.

Another option is using FTP and/or HTTP.

If your computer has public IP, you can set up FTP server, HTTP server,

and use phone web browser you visit your own computer's server.

Better to have wifi local connection than use phone Internet transmission which is pricey.

If you don't have public IP, you can still use external FTP/HTTP servers though. But that would be even slower (have to upload file to external server, and then download it using phone browser).

Edited by Sensei

this iphone drives me crazy ! i cant exchange any data with my PC ! Must i use iphone to download anything i need ?? is this the only way ??

Did you get the iPhone because your PC is also Apple? I know a lot of people who use Windows-based computers but bought an iPhone because of the popularity, and now they're having the same issues. If you're not using a Mac, maybe Android or a Windows phone would sync better with your PC OS.

Phi, luckily, my own PC which i use most of time is not Apple. ;-D

My PC's OS is W7 that is quite easy to operate.

So why did you buy an Apple phone? Personally, I think Apple has the best OS for computers, and the iPhones are amazing, but I'm a Windows user by necessity. I use Google Chrome as a browser, so I went with an Android phone, which is also amazing. I'm no expert at all, but it seems like crossing platforms is going to involve some added headaches.

You say iPhones are amazing. How amazing are they ? i don't notice it.

The amazing part comes from connectivity with matching devices, which you don't have. But you should be able to use iTunes to enable disk use, as Sensei mentioned, so you can at least exchange pictures and music. And don't forget that smartphones are app-driven; if you want caller ID, there's a free app for that somewhere.

The amazing part comes from connectivity with matching devices, which you don't have. But you should be able to use iTunes to enable disk use, as Sensei mentioned, so you can at least exchange pictures and music. And don't forget that smartphones are app-driven; if you want caller ID, there's a free app for that somewhere.

where could i get this free app for caller ID ?