The Message

photon propeller

I was on hiatus with some close friends and we were living out our dreams. We would summit great heights, overcome imposing obstacles, and endure the ominous storm. At the end of our journey one friend asked me to join him at the mainstream church which he attended. I reluctantly agreed knowing that although I had always believed there was a creator, I did not believe in idolizing those profits whom supposedly delivered God's message. I believed nature exposed God's secrets. Accompanying me were my five year old son Maximilian, my newborn baby boy, my friend and his father, another best friend, and some acquaintances who were fellow church members. I was stunned to see a limousine awaiting which delivered us and even more astounded when we arrived at the vast complex and everyone had been brought by limo. It was extremely busy and I immediately became separated from my friends as my focus was on my two sons. The church bell rang and I rushed to find a seat among the endless pews. All were quiet as the preacher began his sermon. My newborn was fast asleep tucked under the flowered Hawaiian button up I was wearing. I also began to periodically nod off as I was exhausted and the slow, warm, breathing of my newborn began to resonate with my lungs. My eyes were closed but I heard the preacher begin to speak of danger and the presence of God. He spoke of overcoming the fear of the unknown and the resulting closeness with the creator. This made sense to me and soon the alter boys were passing around a picture of the priest himself dangling precariously from some giant cliff side wearing a grand smile and giving the cameraman the thumbs up. Along with the picture there were holographic cards that when peered into would reveal each individual's own idea of fun with danger. When I looked at them at first I saw nothing then suddenly a hot rod appeared. I was flabbergasted because part of our trip included racing some cars at the drag strip. I began to wonder if this was some kind of magic trick or surveillance tactic. I nodded off again and heard a woman's voice a few rows back obstreperously exclaiming to the church that a man in a flowered Hawaiian shirt was disrespecting the church by sleeping during the sermon. I opened my eyes only to see everyone glaring at me in judgement and disgust. I stood my ground and asked the woman if she was referring to me and if she, and everyone else, wanted me to leave. I explained my newborn was sleeping and that I was exhausted and apologized but meant no disrespect. They all pointed their fingers and degraded me as an unworthy father. As I stood to exit I expected to finally see my friends rise and defend me but no one else stood. I pulled my sons close and lowered my head in betrayal as I walked out chided by the priest. I went to the front where we had been dropped only to find there were no limos awaiting to service me. realized there was only one way in and one way out. I noticed a small coffee shop across the intersection and thought I might find a sympathetic ear that would rescue us. The officer directing traffic acted like he didn't even see us as if he knew what had transpired so I scurried across as soon as there was an opening. During the melee Max fell behind and cars were honking and cursing at him as I pleaded for him to cross. When he finally made it I found myself even more frazzled and embarrassed as many were smoking cigarettes and drinking coffee gazing at me like I was some precocious adolescent. I began to feel ill and rushed to the nearest trash can to vomit. Even the janitor lady now looked upon me with malice as she had to switch out the trash. I almost started to sob when a nice old man noticed me and offered his assistance. As we exited the complex I explained what had occurred. I asserted that if I treated my children with such presumption and judgement that they would not love and respect me as they do. There was a silent pause and tears of sympathy poured down the man's face. Overcome with emotion I closed my eyes and when they opened, I was lying next to my loving wife, my children fast asleep in their beds and the tears were pouring down my face. I thought what a vivid, dreadful nightmare it was then I immediately had an epiphany. It was no dream, it was a message.

Any religion which presumes to know God fully and judges those in contrast, denies themselves the God given right to follow the continuous scientific path which predicates the one ultimate reality of creation. They are unaware of the fragile balance between beauty and horror within the complex nature of God's work and within themselves. They will never know the essence of God's love for creation.

JDE

Edited by photon propeller

It was a dream and not a real church.

I often dream about real things. And those things have names. Even some of the things that are not real have names.

Regardless, I doubt it was a dream.

Edited by zapatos

!

Moderator Note

Is there a point of discussion you tried to raise here, or is this just (more) preaching?

Unlike most modnotes, here a response is compulsory

Since you feel I'm obliged, the discussion is about the detrimental effects caused by religious prejudice. If we fail to unite under the flag of universal truth, the human race is doomed.

It was a dream and not a real church.

Bravo! some may interpret it as a spiritual experience

Post #1 is obviously computer-generated. You can tell easily.

This reply is so preposterous that it doesn't deserve a response.

Since you feel I'm obliged, the discussion is about the detrimental effects caused by religious prejudice. If we fail to unite under the flag of universal truth, the human race is doomed.

!

Moderator Note

That can be done without the preaching.

See how easy it is?

http://www.scienceforums.net/topic/85404-photon-propellers-thread-on-detrimental-effects-of-religious-prejudice/

Closed.