The Universe-How/Why????

Davwg297

Well everyone seems to want to know how the universe "started". It is a very valid point and has fueld debate FOREVER. But I'm asking you to just open mindly think for just a few minutes. What if there never was a beginning. Now at first that may seem just horribly impossible. But think about it. We as humans, all we know is that something must start and end just as everything does. (You must build a house first, there isn't always a house) but what if the universe was always here and always will be. What if there are no boundaries to our universe. It could go on for infinite. Everything on planet earth has a boundary. Your room has walls, a boundary, your house has a boundary, your city has a boundary, your state has a boundary, your country has a boundary [borders] the world within itself has a boundary, it comes to an end! But what if after that there were no boundaries, the universe is never ending. There was no beginning there is no end to it! Just small ends and beginnings with in it. Just my theory and a little bit of thought

OK, now have you also perhaps watched a video on youtube about a"theroy" (rather hypthesis) that explains EXACTLY what you are asking and also indicating about "never been a beginning"? Because I have and it literally hit me. There is a girl who thought out something really cool. I think she came a bit earlier than you! ;) I don't think that I can paste any link, but you might try typing "implosion theory" like I did on youtube search. stv implosion theory's the title. I am sure you'll find it truly inspiring from what you just posted!

Absolutely. I agree. I am positive that if we are dealing with infinite space, implying infinite time, then a beginning has not begun and just as well there will not be an end to existence.

Infinite space does not imply infinite time.

The universe could be infinite on finite. It might have been created or not. It might have a finite life or be eternal.

We just don't know.

Infinite space does not imply infinite time.

The universe could be infinite on finite. It might have been created or not. It might have a finite life or be eternal.

We just don't know.

Please let me understand- therefore you mean that space can be excerpted or separated from time and that each can "exist" on their own? I mean, don't we need space to calculate time and vice versa? (not in classroom math problems, of course)

Please let me understand- therefore you mean that space can be excerpted or separated from time and that each can "exist" on their own? I mean, don't we need space to calculate time and vice versa? (not in classroom math problems, of course)

No, space-time is still a single "thing".

But there is no reason why if one is infinite, the other has to be.

Space could finite or infinite.

In either case it could have been created at time 0 or it could have always existed.

In any of the above cases, it could continue forever or it could cease to exist at some point.

(I am somewhat sceptical about the idea the universe was "created" but as we have no evidence either way, I will keep an open mind.)

• 1 year later...

I believe that our universe has a beginning. In fact, I think that our parent universe and every other universe has a beginning. But what about the units that contain universes? You know, the much larger "things" in which all the universes are contained and expanding in? Do they have a beginning?