Some formulas of partnership

burgess

1. Partnership : When two or more than two persons run a business jointly, they are called partners and the deal is known as partnership

2. Ratio of Division of Gains:

(i)When investments of all the partners are for the same time, the gain or loss is distributed among the partners in the ratio of their investments.

Suppose A and B invest Rs. x and Rs. y respectively for a year in a business, then at end of the year

(A's share of profit) : (B's share of profit) = x:y

(ii) When investments are for different time periods, then equivalent capitals are calculated for a unit of time by taking (capital x number of units of time).Now, gain or loss is divided in the ratio of these capitals.

Suppose A invests Rs. x for p months and B invests Rs. y for q months, then

(A's share of profit) : (B's share of profit) = px : qy

3. Working and Sleeping Partners:

A partner who manages the business is known as a working partner and the one who simply invests the money is a sleeping partner

I hope these concepts will be helpful for you to solve some of your math problems.

I am at a loss over two things:

1. What is the point of the post? Normally, in homework help the OP addresses a problem, rather than providing a solution to an unstated problem. This is a discussion forum, not a wiki.

2. Why did someone give you negative rep for that?

Perhaps because of point 1 and they became annoyed? Anyway I've redressed the balance.

!

Moderator Note

burgess,

In our forum rules, it says that you must stay on topic in a thread. For that, it is of course vital that we have a topic. Can you please indicate what you want to discuss?

As Ophiolite correctly says: This is not a wiki, and this type of post is not what we expect from our members. For posts like this, please find another website. If you have anything to discuss regarding this topic, please give us a clue what you wish to discuss.

Do not respond to this moderator note in this thread.

!

Moderator Note

@OP: Make sure what you are posting is original content and that you are not spamming the same thing across multiple sites.

Ah, good point. This text actually gets 600 hits (!!!) in Google.

(Endy, next time you suspect something is wrong, please use the report function rather than a reply - but thanks for spotting it anyway).

Thread closed. Member under review for spamming.