Why is there laws/rules in science?

Phi for All,

Just my idea. I taste a religious notion in Marshalscienguy's answer. If it turns out that way, then I am done. And this discussion indeed does not belong physics forum. Ophiolite noticed this already many posts ago, and I also said it is a philosophical question, not a physical one.

Edited by Eise

• 2 weeks later...

How do you differentiate between 'an arguably large mass' and one that is not arguably large?

What is the 'force of the forces'?

What do you mean when you say 'forces possible'? What makes a force possible or not?

And again, why would forces need to exist? I don't think you answered my question.

Well, you see, an arguably large mass is one that wouldbe able to invoke any law of physics. So arguably large is pretty much anything with a mass over zero. i.e. The singularity of a black hole would not be considered to have an arguably large mass. The force of the forces (my apologies for the redundancy there) is how much pressure, energy, or movement it makes. The amount of force of a force varies as to what object it is acting upon. For instance, gravitational force would still be the same on a mouse as a planet, but with less intensity. This situation can be likened to a circuit with a small bulb with an intake of 1.5 volts and a nine volt battery. The bulb only takes in 1.5 volts as it needs, but the battery feeds out a constant amount of voltage. Most objects can make a force possible. Magnetism, for instance, would not be possible without magnetic objects. Forces must exist because matter exists. But forces although forces are a cause of matter, they are not tangible; they are considered non existent in physics. They exist only in concept and by their effects. Stephen Hawking said that because there was gravity, planets must exist. If planets must exist because of gravity, Gravity must exist because of planets. Forces and what they act upon are dependent on each other. This is why forces exist. I'm sorry if my ,set answer wasn't clear enough and I hope that this one is.