The genie game.

dimreepr

1. A secular education for every single person on the planet.

2. A handkerchief to wipe away my tears of joy when everyone has a basic modern education.

3. A desalinization device I can wring out my handkerchief into to obtain fresh water instantly.

“That I was rich and influential”

A mischievous Genie would grant that wish but ensure it would bring you only misery.

“That I had the power to make any wish I said come true”

Sorry that one’s against the rules.

“The power to control people using only my mind”

That one’s already possible, it’s called marketing.

Ten oz and Phi for all, great answers +1.

“That I was rich and influential”

A mischievous Genie would grant that wish but ensure it would bring you only misery.

“That I had the power to make any wish I said come true”

Sorry that one’s against the rules.

“The power to control people using only my mind”

That one’s already possible, it’s called marketing.

Ten oz and Phi for all, great answers +1.

You stated no rules when you started this so you cant suddenly add them now. Also simply looking at someone and hoping they dance, skip or do jumping jacks does not make it so so NO its not possible. If you had rules you probably should have thought about that when you wrote the question. Adding it at this point just means you are being a sore loser.

Edited by Marshalscienceguy

You stated no rules when you started this so you cant suddenly add them now. Also simply looking at someone and hoping they dance, skip or do jumping jacks does not make it so so NO its not possible. If you had rules you probably should have thought about that when you wrote the question. Adding it at this point just means you are being a sore loser.

What have I lost? I just assumed everyone knew the one about wishing yourself more wishes.

It’s just a game, so if it means that much to you, by all means have them. :)

1. Full Immersion Virtual Reality

A fun way to avoid life.

2. End of poverty, starvation, and war, worldwide. Basically global unity.

Cool answer.

3. Nanotechnology enabling the end of aging that is mass distributed for free to all whom wish to use it.

Wouldn’t that get a little crowded?

Wouldn’t that get a little crowded?

No.

I believe the main cause for this line of thinking in humans is the linear pattern recognition in their brains.

If we took the entire global population and "stuffed" everyone into Texas, it would have a population density less than that of New York City.

Texas= 268,580 Square Miles.

New York City=27,532 Humans, per square mile.

Current Global Population= 7.2 Billion humans.

7.2 Billion/27,532=261,513 Humans per square mile.

261,513 vs 268,580

Even less humans per square mile.

Food and resources aren't problems either as this same nanotechnology could supply us with a surplus of both.

Also Geo-Engineering is possible on a global scale through the use of nanotechnology as well.

Edited by Lucius E.E

No.

I believe the main cause for this line of thinking in humans is the linear pattern recognition in their brains.

If we took the entire global population and "stuffed" everyone into Texas, it would have a population density less than that of New York City.

Texas= 268,580 Square Miles.

New York City=27,532 Humans, per square mile.

Current Global Population= 7.2 Billion humans.

7.2 Billion/27,532=261,513 Humans per square mile.

261,513 vs 268,580

Even less humans per square mile.

Food and resources aren't problems either as this same nanotechnology could supply us with a surplus of both.

Also Geo-Engineering is possible on a global scale through the use of nanotechnology as well.

Our current population would fit, all be it, snugly onto the Isle of Man. How long before that snug fit, given your wish, is the Earth?

Our current population would fit, all be it, snugly onto the Isle of Man. How long before that snug fit, given your wish, is the Earth?

We can venture to other planets and live there as well through the use of nanotechnology and Geo-Engineering, did you miss this part of my post?

Reproduction will decline dramatically as people live out virtual lives instead of "real" lives, and no longer have interest in reproduction, although it will, of course, still occur.

We will eventually migrate to other solar systems, however the ability to do so will take sometime.

Edited by Lucius E.E

What if you get to live on Earth no more than 100 years, then you have to move out? You get booted from the "nest" and have to go colonize a new home.

What if you get to live on Earth no more than 100 years, then you have to move out? You get booted from the "nest" and have to go colonize a new home.

Upvoted, and fully agree with this proposition.

We would more than likely all be apart of a network communication system that will be encompassing multiple solar systems.

Not to mention living in a full immersion virtual reality would never truly be "boring" as one could simply reconfigure the memories in ones head to experience anything they desire, and to what degree.

EDIT: Given that the nanotechnology that is currently being worked on can even do what is believed to be possible with it.

Edited by Lucius E.E

Not to mention living in a full immersion virtual reality would never truly be "boring" as one could simply reconfigure the memories in ones head to experience anything they desire, and to what degree.

I'm not sure how the virtual reality proposition would work with the idea of colonization. If the couch is too comfy, most people won't get up. If your concern is for physical restraints, can we use your virtual reality wish for some physiological enhancement tech?

1. That when the number of wishes % 2 = 0 the genie forgets everything from the time I rubbed the lamp.

2. A working FTL drive.*

3. A seat on the first ship off this rock.

4. A habitable planet that isn't half polluted.

5. A government that works (in both senses of the word).

6. etc etc

*And for all of you about to give me guff about FTL doesn't work all I can say is, screw your physics, I have a magic genie. Key word being magic.

I'm not sure how the virtual reality proposition would work with the idea of colonization. If the couch is too comfy, most people won't get up. If your concern is for physical restraints, can we use your virtual reality wish for some physiological enhancement tech?

Most won't but some will, and that's enough.

Would be interesting to see how such a scenario would play out.

1. That when the number of wishes % 2 = 0 the genie forgets everything from the time I rubbed the lamp.

2. A working FTL drive.*

3. A seat on the first ship off this rock.

4. A habitable planet that isn't half polluted.

5. A government that works (in both senses of the word).

6. etc etc

*And for all of you about to give me guff about FTL doesn't work all I can say is, screw your physics, I have a magic genie. Key word being magic.

Lol.
Edited by Lucius E.E

What have I lost? I just assumed everyone knew the one about wishing yourself more wishes.

It’s just a game, so if it means that much to you, by all means have them. :)

I never wished for more wishes so that would still be allowed. If you want to start a game you are suppose to state all the rules when its start. I don't understand of adding more once it started? Next time you should write a rule stating you can randomly toss wishes you don't like.

Edited by Marshalscienceguy

1. World unity - instill a sense into all people that working together for the greater good is more important than our petty differences

2. For us to discover a clean source of energy that is both abundant, sustainable, and very easy to obtain.

3. Wipe out all genetic abnormalities thus gifting better health to all

another fun genie game can be to list some wishes and have others try to figure out how to ruin them, since genie's are tricky and love to screw you over. For example, a wish for world peace could be interpreted by the genie to remove the human race from the world - thus making the world very peaceful!