How to jump higher and be stronger using chemicals?

Doctor

I wonder if there is any substnace that can allow us to jump higher (I'd also consider its effect on animals, can we make any animal jump higher?).

As regards strengh, I bet adrenaline is the one that improves our power. Are there any others (few examples please)?

• 1 month later...

I wonder if there is any substnace that can allow us to jump higher (I'd also consider its effect on animals, can we make any animal jump higher?).

As regards strengh, I bet adrenaline is the one that improves our power. Are there any others (few examples please)?

They theoretically wouldn't be any because any physical heights achieved would rather be due to the organisms anatomy and structure. :mellow:

If there would be any chemicals, then the chemicals would have to affect the structure of the (For this example a human) body, to have (for example) stronger bones.

And for your 'strength' bit, we already have 'muscle steroids' , which rapidly develops your muscle in a (relatively) unhealthy way. But they aren't really referred to as chemicals, but rather, hormones. :P

I think this question is best asked in the Biology area rather than the chemistry sector. :ph34r:

http://www.steroid.com/Muscle-Building-Steroids.php - Examples of "Steroids for muscle"

http://animals.pawnation.com/structure-kangaroos-legs-9727.html - Why Kangaroos can jump high (Leg structure, not "chemicals")

Edited by Tzurain