The Answers Are Not In Genesis

Purephysics

Recently I started an evaluation of the first book in the Bible.

My aim was to test, in its own terms, what the Genesis says about the creation of the world in real terms - not, as is so often the case, as an exhaustive comparison to science. I wanted to try and understand the Bible (or at least this part of it) in a historical context not a religious one.

It is my opinion that no one can make a really objective evaluation of the Bible if they approach it as a religious text, it must be approached as a factual one - at least factual at the time it was written. Genesis can be traced back to the 10th century BCE and as such constitutes a primitive view and attempted explanation of the world.

Instead of creating ridiculously long posts here and in other places I decided to disseminate my idea via a blog, which can be found at a website the Mods blocked because it violates our "no advertising rules In which I post under the pseudonym "Alexander Black" or as it may turn into "Alexander The Atheist".

Currently I have Blogs for Genesis 1:1-2 (TAANIG pt.1 & 2), but my next outing will likely see Gen 1:3-7 treated under the same critical analysis.

I would be very interested in feedback and other ideas.

Edited by Phi for All
offsite blog link removed

Instead of creating ridiculously long posts here

!

Moderator Note

... you should post managable and informative snippets from your blog here so people who want to stay where they are can participate in the discussion. You're absolutely right about the wall-o-text approach, much better to take it a section at a time and discuss each bit.