College Costs

fiveworlds

The cost of college has risen dramatically here. With large numbers of wealthy people moving to the city the cost of renting a house near enough to actually go to college has become too high for most lower income families. Also employers will not employ people without a degree.

Edited by fiveworlds

Colleges/universities are not put together to teach youth. Are businesses.

The more they wring students and parents wallets, the better for them. And they start by fishing high school graduates even paying flights and accomodations to potential 'victims' to familiarize with their college offerings and status, promising huge discounts on overinflated tuition as another hook.

-Smile- , tomorrow will be worse.

Let me put it in perspective one area the cheapest house to rent is 1000 a month with no electricity etc. Rent for 48 months is 48000 you can buy a house in the country for 23000. There is also no tax on properties bought less than 120000. It's a two story house three bedrooms, bathroom, water. electricity, aga fire, internet and an acre of land for garden

Edited by fiveworlds

You have shifted college costs on the original post to housing costs.

That is why I moved from Silicon Valley to a national forest in KY. Hords of just arrived orientals with suitcases filled with cash paying more than asking price for California real estate the locals cannot afford. I wonder the legality of the funds origin.

And sellers singing on their way to the bank together with the real estate agent and laughing at the idiot buyer who paid ten times its reasonable value. (fact)

Living styles in USA have changed since the fifties; people moving to affordable rural suburbs and commuting loooong distances. Nothing new.

renting a house near enough to actually go to college. College here is fairly cheap but they don't provide accommodation. Near the colleges buying a cheap house is about 2 million. Well 1,250,000 but there is high tax on that and its a three bed semi-detached,

Edited by fiveworlds

...College here is fairly cheap...

¿? That is the opposite from your original post.

And their business is providing education, not housing. What I did is bought a home were I was able to afford, rented out, and with that income paid rent nearby my workplace (or college for you).

What I did is bought a home were I was able to afford, rented out, and with that income paid rent nearby my workplace (or college for you).

I still couldn't afford the rent. It might pay the mortgage though and in about 8 maybe 10 years I probably could pay rent near college.

¿? That is the opposite from your original post.

What I said was that it was too expensive to go to college. Accommodation is an expense of going to college i said that renting a house close enough to college was too expensive for lower income families and that without going to college you cannot get a job.