Clean Air, Pure Water, Sunshine? Does it exist

Im looking for a place in the world to one day move to..I want to create my own little slice of longevity....

My keys to longevity are- Pure clean air, pure clean water, clean soil for growing food, sunshine with little change in temperature all year (65-80 degrees)

What place does it sound like? Im really concerned with the clean air and water!

Give me any information you know about the cleanest places in the world....

What if the cleanest/purest place on earth is the South Pole?

Sunshine and constant temperatures or purity of water and air mean nothing, to life, if longevity is all you seek.

Look instead for a pure and clean way to live; enhance your credence and you’ll enhance your life, whatever its length.

Edited by dimreepr

I would suggest NZ, but you will encounter a fair bit of rain and somewhat chilly temperatures (though summer is perfect). It is not heavily populated nor is it heavily industrialized, but you still have access to the conveniences of developed countries as well as being good for farming. It was also recently rated as one of the happiest places on Earth.

Full disclosure: I was born there and have an intrinsic affection for the place.

Tasmania has the cleanest air in the WORLD apparently.....

In places that are still sort of pristine do you think it is possible by air purification and the planting of trees and air producing/plants to make the air is close to pure as it is in Tasmania???

I want to move somewhere warm with the FRESHEST air... Tasmania is cold with the freshest air lol! but it got me to thinking... Can we purify and remove pollution from the air and make it close to pure again?

This is similar to my own wants in regard to fresh air, clean water, and healthy food.

My solution is to build a boat. I have a modest boat now, but I'm hoping for at least 90 footer for my globetrotting.

I aim to sail or motor around the world, there is a great versatility to a marine lifestyle.

You can control the temperature by visiting various locals. Your water would be pure desalinated ocean water. Your food would often be fresh fish with a lot of moong bean sprouts ( 1 veggie that can be "grown at sea" ), and the air will be as pure as in the places you aim your ship.

It is not without risks though... There are inherent risks associated with sailing.

You could avoid almost any major city and find fresh air, and water can be filtered, distilled, or purchased almost anywhere.

Good luck deciding.

HOWEVER.....

One thing to consider with age (if longevity appeals to you) is to have a family doctor associated with a Major Hospital which means living in the city, or at least having a permanent address there. This point might be contested, but my mother survived Breast cancer and she swears it is because she had a city doctor who could pull a few strings and had her operated upon in short order along with chemotherapy. My parents actually sold off their retirement home after that incident because country Doctors can only get you on long waiting lists for some procedures.. It's all about who you know. Heed this or don't, but it's good advice for all. My mother has been clear of Cancer for over 20 years now.

• 11 months later...

Im looking for a place in the world to one day move to..I want to create my own little slice of longevity....

My keys to longevity are- Pure clean air, pure clean water, clean soil for growing food, sunshine with little change in temperature all year (65-80 degrees)

What place does it sound like? Im really concerned with the clean air and water!

Give me any information you know about the cleanest places in the world....

Might I recommend the south end of the Big Island of Hawaii to you?

• 3 months later...

What is "clean" air? There is dust everywhere. There are volatile organic compounds in the air anywhere there are plants.

"Clean" water? Rain drops frequently form around dust particles. Even the carbon dioxide from the air dissolves into the rain to make it acidic. If you only want to count free from bacteria, you can't put it in your mouth.

Life is a leaky bag of dirty water that smells. Purity in life exists only in fantasy. The closest you will come to the clean air, clean water, and comfortable temperatures and sunshine year round that you seek is inside of a modern residential building. If the sunshine seems lacking, it is probably because you are afraid the neighbors might see you enjoying it so you keep the curtains closed all of the time.

• 5 months later...

According to me Amsterdam and Copenhagen are the two cleanest and greenest cities in the world. They are most suitable and livable places on earth. These cities lay a great emphasis on bicycle riding which makes them pollution free up to a large extent. Copenhagen’s environmental policies are planned in such a way that their goal is to become carbon neutral by 2025. If you are really looking for serene and calm environment these cities can be your ultimate destination.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Yes it exist, here in the Philippines the country where I live there are many areas here that has clean fresh air,clean water, and a good weather condition because the natural resources in the place where I lived were protected and maintained that's why we still have a good environment. In fact in Aurora, Philippines you can only found a virgin forest which is called the National Park of the Philippines. It is found in the municipality where I lived, In Maria Aurora,Aurora,Philippines.

1 hour ago, Odracir said:

Yes it exist, here in the Philippines the country where I live there are many areas here that has clean fresh air,clean water, and a good weather condition because the natural resources in the place where I lived were protected and maintained that's why we still have a good environment. In fact in Aurora, Philippines you can only found a virgin forest which is called the National Park of the Philippines. It is found in the municipality where I lived, In Maria Aurora,Aurora,Philippines.

You omitted couple key issues of Philippines..

The Philippines is regularly attacked by typhoons.. Their strength will increase because of devastation of environment by human (on the entire Earth).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Typhoons_in_the_Philippines

20k dead in XIX century in the one typhoon attack, in recent history XXI century 2006 year 6300 dead people, in 2013 year 10,000 dead people:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/nov/10/typhoon-haiyan-thousands-dead-philippines

The Philippines can be attacked by tsunami..

https://www.worlddata.info/asia/philippines/tsunamis.php

Duterte made his own hit squads, and introduced terror in country, anybody can kill anybody now...

"President urges officers to kill dozens of drug suspects every day after series of 67 operations in province north of Manila"

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/aug/16/philippines-police-bloodiest-night-duterte-war-drugs

The Philippines is now a very unstable region and will be worse in the future.

He will not be able to give up his leadership (prosecution of mass murdering in the lightest version of the future), so a new dictator is born in the world.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/apr/02/philippines-president-duterte-drugs-war-death-squads

Edited by Sensei

There are such places, but very dependent on local conditions.  Case in point is Pacific Grove, California (south end of Monterey Bay).  The town is situated out on a peninsula and is pretty much only a bedroom community.    Because it is on a peninsula with no nearby industry, and no through-roads, it has surprisingly clean air,  good water and year-round moderate temperatures.  It also has nearby world class medical facilities largely supported by the rich people living in nearby Pebble Beach.  This is the sort of place  you should be looking for if you really believe it promotes longevity (although personally I don't-- which is why I moved from Pacific Grove to northern Nevada where I could better afford to live).

You missed the most important element of them all! The dirt! If the soil is clean, chances are that the rest of the factors should be alright too. Subjectively, this kindof soil and its surroundings should be found far away from the human noise.

Also, working with dirt actually makes you happy: http://insaneclopedia.com/1415/antidepressant-microbes-soil-dirt-makes-happy/