question....

snore2walk

there is this science council in my school...and we need to submit a decent research proposal in oreder to enter it. this is supposedly to test one's research aptitude and all....

so, i'm just wondering if anyone out there has an idea for a research proposal, linked to the life sciences field....

one of my pals suggested researching on the gene gata5 in zebrafish. this gene produces the protein nkdx2.5 (i'm reciting this from memory, and am uncertain of the real name of the protein produced.however, i can ascertain that the gene is the actual one) the gene, when act6ivated, converts the cell into a heart cell. researchers have supposedly discovered that any cell that has an activated gata5 gene becoms a living, beating heart cell. current research is being done to isolate a similar gene in humans...think about the benefits and all....

so, i just wonder if such a research proposal is really probable, if not, any other suggestions?