Guns

blike

Should the private citizen be allowed to keep and own guns?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Should the private citizen be allowed to keep and own guns?

• Yes!
    • No way!

matter said in post # :

If you own a handgun, make sure it doesn't get stolen.

It doesn't matter if guns are outlawed or not, people that need guns will still be able to get them.

By the way, thinking you can defend yourself and your family easily with a gun is kind of ignorant. When you get into a shootout nothing goes the way you expect it to. I wouldn't own a hand gun for safety, I'd own one cause it's fun to fire at targets. If you think about it, having a gun in your home doesn't make you much safer at all. People can still sneak into your home and kill you before you can get to your gun.

It's a very weird issue but outlawing firearms altogether isn't the answer.

Our guns serial numbers are registered with the poilce, if they got stollen it would take one call with our names and address, and any crime commited using these weapons would not be pinned on US.

We don`t NEED them, we took it up as hobby as you mentioned latter on in your post, we`re kust legal to keep them at home :)

would I use them to defend my family and home... yes if I absolutely had to, be sure I would sellect other methods 1`st where possible however., it would be 99.9999% impossible to "sneak in" here unheard, of that you may be sure :)

but yeah, the only use other the occasional pigeon shoot, has been at the shooting range and competitions :)

we are NOT psycho maniacs (contrary to popular beleif) :))))

I think if you want to defend yourself with a gun, don't shoot the burglar, just hold him at gunpoint till the police arrive. Just sneak up on him.

Yeah, some people shouldn't have guns, but unfortunately, they get them, and blow us to smithereens. Thats why we need to regulate them.

I didn't mean to give offense YT. When I say "you" im usually just talking to the imaginary public. I'm for owning guns if you want to. I'm for anyone doing anything they want to. Well, with a few exceptions. Chopping off a Gorillas hands is morally wrong!

greg1917 said in post #48 :

Im very happy living in a country where guns are outlawed and hope it remains so. I remember sitting in a class when the teacher came and had to explain to us what had just happened at Dunblane, listening in disbelief. That was enough for me.

What happened in Dinblane, sorry if it's a little o/t but I'm curious.

Edit: PS: What country do you live in where guns are illeagal??

Not all guns:

All handguns over .22 calibre to be banned

Guns of .22 calibre or less to be held in secure club armouries or surrendered

A ban on "dum-dum" bullets, except for deer-shooting

Increased security measures at gun clubs

Gun clubs to register attendance of members

Every gun bought, sold, destroyed or transferred to be reported to police

Stricter rules for anyone applying for a gun licence

Schools to prepare a safety strategy

Central system of accreditation of all youth clubs and leaders

*Columbine ;)