BioChips and religious implications (Split from Laptop vs Desktop)

fiveworlds

Slaves don't have to worship their owners. Nice God of yours by the way, jealous and proud of it.

It says the word master. The slavedriver would be the master not god. Umm not nice started floods, made plagues and killed people.

A dictator could force you to have a smartphone and keep it on you at all times.

Phones turn off

The odd thing about the torah is that it features in loads of different religions. So I haven't actually told you which god or gods I worship. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Torah_in_Islam even some evidence of it in http://www.existentialbuddhist.com/tag/judaism/

Somebody said that if you broke the laws there wouldn't be a war. To that well they can be fairly patient about starting civil wars but they get around to it. America broke the rules they had a civil war. The Roman Empire broke the rules they aren't around to comment.

Edited by fiveworlds

It says the word master. The slavedriver would be the master not god. Umm not nice started floods, made plagues and killed people.

Incorrect again. If you actually pick up a Bible and read it (I'd advise against it in your case) you'll notice that 'God' says slaves must serve their owners. God endorses slavery, having a master.

The idea is that a mark or symbol will be required which will identify the individual. In the US, and I believe Europe, it is already law that nothing in a package can be sold unless it carries a UPC or similar mark. This "mark of the beast" is "the mark of a man" meaning a man-made mark or symbol, a pattern not found in nature. And it is the "number of a man" meaning the symbol conveys a number. That number is "666" meaning, when put in the context of the mark as a number, a series of three six-digit numbers. This will be the expanded UPC labeling system.

The idea is that all goods sold and all consumers can be tracked. Businesses, producers, shippers and sellers will find great efficiencies in using the information for planning, planting, warehousing and "just in time" inventory control. Governments will want the information to be better able to respond to emergencies. Parents will love being able to find lost or kidnapped children and elders. Law enforcement will enjoy being able to track criminals and recover stolen goods. Financial regulators and institutions will be able to prevent consumers from over spending and from being scammed.

We don't have any privacy now that everything is digital, so wouldn't it be better if an implant would replace our dirver's license, credit and debit cards, checkbook and medical info cards? All that and more, everything about us, could be accessed almost instantly from anywhere wi-fi was available. We would become our data in the matrix.

Of course every good tool has another use. What powerful central government wouldn't want the power afforded by this system to track and control the population? And if a madman like any of the dozens we've seen in just the last couple of centuries were to get in power?

The idea is that a mark or symbol will be required which will identify the individual. In the US, and I believe Europe, it is already law that nothing in a package can be sold unless it carries a UPC or similar mark. This "mark of the beast" is "the mark of a man" meaning a man-made mark or symbol, a pattern not found in nature. And it is the "number of a man" meaning the symbol conveys a number. That number is "666" meaning, when put in the context of the mark as a number, a series of three six-digit numbers. This will be the expanded UPC labeling system.

The oldest known papyrus copy of Revelation 13, currently at Oxford in the Ashmolean Museum, shows that this number is 616. There are also several other documents that confirm this as a significant number.

Exodus 20:5 should be in http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Torah

Actually NO, it does not say that in Exodus 20:5 http://biblehub.com/exodus/20-5.htm and since the bible specifically condones slavery I would like to see where it says a slave cannot serve god...

Phones turn off

The odd thing about the torah is that it features in loads of different religions. So I haven't actually told you which god or gods I worship. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Torah_in_Islam even some evidence of it in http://www.existentialbuddhist.com/tag/judaism/

Somebody said that if you broke the laws there wouldn't be a war. To that well they can be fairly patient about starting civil wars but they get around to it. America broke the rules they had a civil war. The Roman Empire broke the rules they aren't around to comment.

Doesn't matter what god you worship, you have not supported your assertion that a slave cannot serve god..

The oldest known papyrus copy of Revelation 13, currently at Oxford in the Ashmolean Museum, shows that this number is 616. There are also several other documents that confirm this as a significant number.

Thanks, I was not aware of this. Of course what I posted is a compilation of interpretations. I'm not much on numerology; hocus-pocus to me; expecting something real related to the number.

So, now that you've got my curisoty up, what is the significance of 616?

The Bible also says: connection of clay and iron using the seed of man. People will walk with iron body parts. So that in the future people will be half cyborgs.

Mankind must prevent this trend. :(

Sounds like God's just opposed to us fixing the problems he's left us to rot with for millions of generations. He's an imbecile.

Edited by Iota

So, now that you've got my curisoty up, what is the significance of 616?

Like all numerology, gematria is based on coincidental patterns that emerge when you test a bunch of names (or whatever), assign them numbers and see what pops up. The Greeks had a similar system as well, for codes and entertainment.

Iirc, 616 is the total if you add the letter values in Caesar. It works with Nero, too, and Caligula. It works with some biblical names as well, but I forget which. Not a fan of numerology at all. Not all patterns have significance.

Like all numerology, gematria is based on coincidental patterns that emerge when you test a bunch of names (or whatever), assign them numbers and see what pops up. The Greeks had a similar system as well, for codes and entertainment.

Iirc, 616 is the total if you add the letter values in Caesar. It works with Nero, too, and Caligula. It works with some biblical names as well, but I forget which. Not a fan of numerology at all. Not all patterns have significance.

I don't place any value at all in numerology. The fact that it is now against the law to buy or sell (packaged goods) without the UPC is striking and that code isn't numerology.

I have had the thought that if one did actually see into future events it would be quite difficult to understand just exactly what one was seeing. There must be hundreds of examples of current technology that would have been beyond understanding for anyone 2000 years ago.

I wonder that if someone of 2000 years ago "saw" a consumer swipe a credit card he might ignore the card as unimportant and see just the consumer's hand passing over a device, or if he saw a consumer step up to a retina recognition device he might see the proximity of the forehead to the device and not be aware of the true function of the device. With this sort of interpretation an actual "mark" on an individual wouldn't be required to buy and sell, just the number assigned to that individual.

I can't remember where I got the idea, but I think there is an interpretation that the mark may not be visible. If this is so, it would add to the idea of an assigned number instead of an actual mark. Anyone in the US knows how difficult life would be today without a valid Social Security number. It's not much of a stretch to envision that 9 digit number expanded to 18.

I have had the thought that if one did actually see into future events it would be quite difficult to understand just exactly what one was seeing. There must be hundreds of examples of current technology that would have been beyond understanding for anyone 2000 years ago.

I wonder that if someone of 2000 years ago "saw" a consumer swipe a credit card he might ignore the card as unimportant and see just the consumer's hand passing over a device, or if he saw a consumer step up to a retina recognition device he might see the proximity of the forehead to the device and not be aware of the true function of the device. With this sort of interpretation an actual "mark" on an individual wouldn't be required to buy and sell, just the number assigned to that individual.

I can't remember where I got the idea, but I think there is an interpretation that the mark may not be visible. If this is so, it would add to the idea of an assigned number instead of an actual mark. Anyone in the US knows how difficult life would be today without a valid Social Security number. It's not much of a stretch to envision that 9 digit number expanded to 18.

I think your first paragraph is spot on. If we had a vision today of a future technology based on light, with nothing familiar to help us find recognizable patterns, would we even know what we were seeing?

Let's set our PerspectivisionTM glasses for 96 A.D., about when Revelations was written. Take anyone from any strata of civilization then, make them a prophet who sees the vision you describe above. Remember, these are PerspectivisionTM glasses, not DerisionvisionTM. I want to be objective.

Metallurgy was completely primitive, so any modern metal wouldn't necessarily look like metal to the prophet. It would also be unexpected to see so much of it, since it was rare at the time.

How many "devices" were there in the first century that would trigger pattern recognition with a modern device? And there's no context for a device that works just by standing near it, with no movement or seeming work output. Context would be very important, right? Like the writer of Revelations might not recognize a modern rifle for what it is unless he saw someone use it and made the connection, "Ah, weapon, kills from a distance like a bow and arrow but looks different". How would he know a device that doesn't act like any device he's familiar with?

Revelations was written in Koine Greek, which had it's own numbering system. Would our modern Arabic numerals be recognizable as numbers in transacting commerce? And if the writer knew Arabic, I've seen ancient Arabic numerals, and few look like their modern equivalents.

The visual overload would be severe as well, since virtually everything would look different, the eyes would be drawn simultaneously to the people, their hair, their clothing, the things they're carrying, the buildings, the streets, the cars, the glass, the lights, and the colors, more colors than anyone at the time and region could even imagine.

Not to say it's impossible, but it doesn't seem probable even if you allow visions of the future. Too much contrast between the Iron Age and the Computer Age for context to be meaningful.

Btw, I've been hearing versions of this since the 70s. It started out with The Beast, a supercomputer in Switzerland/Belgium/Washington D.C., that was keeping track of every credit card transaction in the world. I don't think we've ever had a single supercomputer that could approach that kind of task (personal incredulity alert!). If this was ever even partly true, the technology has marched on. Networks may control a lot but controlling credit for the whole world is something that should leave more evidence.

It should be noted that author Joe Musser wrote Behold a Pale Horse in 1973. It's a work of fiction in which he invents just such a supercomputer, and called it The Beast. A movie was made, it was sensationalized, and nobody ever bothered to correct those who believed the story was true.

Recent news articles reveal that the US government has (is) recorded nearly every electronic communication in the world, and not at just one facility; there are two. We always want a back-up. Every communication that moves via satellite, microwave tower or the internet is captured. You may already know that for years, at least two decades, the US government has purchased all, 100 percent, of the latest supercomputers built. Fifty years ago we could read a newspaper laid out on the ground from an aircraft; today we can read it from a satellite. We can see through brick walls as well as clothing, several meters beneath the ground and deep below the ocean surface.

We want to know. We do know. We are watching.

The only explanation that makes sense to me is that the government is the beast. The black horse seems to be the most misunderstood. Consider a figure wearing a black robe holding a scale. The robe of a supreme court judge and the scales of justice? The law allows more death, in all forms - execution, war, abortion - than anything else.

The law allows more death, in all forms - execution, war, abortion - than anything else.

Allowing more deaths is not the same thing as results in more deaths. There are several diseases and conditions that cause more deaths than result from the application of the law. So, why are you making so provocative and implicitly wrong statement?

Allowing more deaths is not the same thing as results in more deaths. There are several diseases and conditions that cause more deaths than result from the application of the law. So, why are you making so provocative and implicitly wrong statement?

More people died in WW-II than in all the plagues. Under the law of each nation their part was legal. In India the government took food from local community storehouses to feed allied troops; twenty million (actually I think t was twenty three million) Indians starved to death as a result. Yes, pandemics are terrible; war - legal - is more terrible. The europeans that invaded North America gave blankets to the natives knowing that the blankets had been used by smallpox patients. Not a very nice way to reduce the native population, but legal under the law of the invaders. If even half the number of abortions claimed by opponents are done they kill millions every year. Look at history; there is no shortage of examples of legal deaths.