BioChips and religious implications (Split from Laptop vs Desktop)

fiveworlds

Biochip Implants aren't considered religiously acceptable and nobody wants another religious war. Or another bout of hangings again just leave them alone.

Biochips are not considered religiously acceptable by whom? Which of the world's religions, or religious denominations have specifically or implicitly said this?

What makes you think the use of biochips would spark a religious war? Please provide evidence, not opinion to justify this assertion.

More pertinently, are you a Luddite? If not, how do you justify urging us to abandon such technology?

Biochips are not considered religiously acceptable by whom? Which of the world's religions, or religious denominations have specifically or implicitly said this?

What makes you think the use of biochips would spark a religious war? Please provide evidence, not opinion to justify this assertion.

More pertinently, are you a Luddite? If not, how do you justify urging us to abandon such technology?

Preety much the entirity of christianity and older religions and muslims.

Preety much the entirity of christianity and older religions and muslims.

As Phi has asked, please provide justification for this assertion.

I would also welcome your response to the other points I raised in my post.

I think some of us are aware of the fundamentalist crap that passes for religion in some quarters. Now do you have anything susbtantive that demonstrates the majority of the world's religions oppose the use of biochips?

Revelation: The devil shall give you the mark of the beast in your right hand(ie. the mark on the right hand was the mark of a slave) and that nobody would be allowed to buy or sell unless they had the devils mark.

Not enough support for an assertion like, "Preety much the entirity of christianity and older religions and muslims" find biochips religiously unacceptable, at least in my opinion.

It's a common "belief" in some circles that biochips implanted in your person will be required in the last days just before the second coming, in the bible it is described as a mark on some peoples right hand or forehead. I'm not completely sure which flavors of Christianity claims this, I know I've heard about it much of my life.

I've never read of or heard anyone but Christianity making this claim, it would be nice to have a citation for the assertion that religions other than some fundamentalist Christian sects believe this.

I remember my grandfather telling me about the crazy that went on when the government started assigning SS numbers to everyone due to this particular interpretation...

Not enough support for an assertion like, "Preety much the entirity of christianity and older religions and muslims" find biochips religiously unacceptable, at least in my opinion.

God revealed in the ten commandments(Torah) unto Moses that "you will not bow down to another nor make a servant(slave) of yourself to another for I your God am a jealous god."

Citation needed.

"Thou shalt not have a biochip"-fiveworlds's anal cavity 3:21

Revelation: The devil shall give you the mark of the beast in your right hand(ie. the mark on the right hand was the mark of a slave) and that nobody would be allowed to buy or sell unless they had the devils mark.

It doesn't say anything about a biochip there.

God revealed in the ten commandments(Torah) unto Moses that "you will not bow down to another nor make a servant(slave) of yourself to another for I your God am a jealous god."

Or there.

Not the biochip itself. The biochip isn't bad it's the potential use of the biochip to make slaves. If you need to have a biochip to buy goods and you have no alternative which would be way too easy. Then you are a slave and therefore cannot serve god.

Injectable RFID chips and the like are completely different(and much simpler) than chips recording neuron activity.

Make the same difference if you were holding the thing so it certainly doesn't need to be injected. Only real reason to inject is so you never need to worry about losing the thing.

I have a solution then: we'll implant it in your left hand.

So are smartphones opposed by religions the world over? Because I could see payment options moving in that direction over the next decade.

Or heck, credit cards. Are those going to spark a religious war?

No because you have a choice about wether or not you use a smartphone. But a dictator could force you to have a biochip. So the government could know where you are at all times etc. Can you imagine how bad a dictatorship would be if you were injected with a biochip at birth and you were killed or imprisioned if you didn't have one?

Edited by fiveworlds

No because you have a choice about wether or not you use a smartphone. But a dictator could force you to have a biochip. So the government could know where you are at all times etc.

A population controlled by religion is much more easily controlled by government.

Edited by Iota

Not the biochip itself. The biochip isn't bad it's the potential use of the biochip to make slaves. If you need to have a biochip to buy goods and you have no alternative which would be way too easy. Then you are a slave and therefore cannot serve god.

So, how does your reasoning not apply for money?

Can you tell us where in your religious texts it says a slave cannot serve god?

That's the point the biochip would be the money. You can't track paper now. You cant tell how much money I have in my wallet etc.

You're shifting goalposts. Your Bible verse doesn't say anything about tracking. Nor did your aforequoted reasoning.

No because you have a choice about wether or not you use a smartphone. But a dictator could force you to have a biochip. So the government could know where you are at all times etc. Can you imagine how bad a dictatorship would be if you were injected with a biochip at birth and you were killed or imprisioned if you didn't have one?

A dictator could force you to have a smartphone and keep it on you at all times.