Devil May Cry 3 is here

Obnoxious

Is it a good game?

Is it out already? I only played the first game through. It was a little ridiculous. Even though it was really fun, and had great music, it was also kind of cliche' and had no plot at all. To this day I would like if someone could explain what went on in that game. Also, easy mode was too easy, and normal was absolutely, ridiculously hard (A trap capcom falls into a lot with their games, take Dino Crisis or Resident Evil 3 for example, not very balanced with difficulty). I played part of the second as well, but didn't have much interest. It was better though. I hope the third one is good too, I'm sure it will be, capcom puts out good stuff in my opinion, but they are also prone to mistakes (Dino Crisis 2-3, Resident Evil CVX, Resident Evil outbreak ring a few bells).

I don't know, I want to try it out, but like all humans, I fear change/new stuff

LOL, I would rephrase that as "but like all conservatives, I fear change" (not implying you are one) :)

Anyways, capcom has a way of milking the crap out of their more popular franchises, keeping the style of the games pretty much stagnant. Resident evil CVX is basically the same game as the first Resident Evil. Don't get me wrong, I am a huge RE fan, but it took them 6 titles to finally change the formula of the franchise. I played a little of RE4 in EB one day and I was amazed at how different it was, and happy Capcom is finally listening to gamers. I'm sure DMC 3 is going to be pretty much the same as DMC, not that its a bad thing, its a fun series of games, but I would hate for them to make the same mistake twice. Heh heh a good reason to be on this forum is to discuss video games. If anyone here likes survival/zombie horror games as much as I do, give the game "Siren" a try. I'll never get over how good that game is.

I'd say give it a try, Obnoxious. You can prob rent it. Some of the best games I have ever played were ones I was cautious at first to try out. I mean, if you haven't played DMC 1, its a pretty fun game, no plot to speak of, but really fun with cliche' Matrix-esque action.

I seen a vague review of it on tv and the graphics are decent, the cameras suck by times, the gameplay is really hard, and it has a hint of rpg style play in the sense that you can upgrade things like skills or weapons, i havent played any of the DMC series so i dont really have much of an opinion but anyways....

I liked 2, until I beat it, never played it again

But Gran Turismo 4 is out, and really, thats all I'll be playing the rest of the year.

I didn't even know they were going to put out a 3rd dmc.