800 children in mass grave

sunshaker

May not be the place to post,

Just seen this in news, 800 children found in mass grave(sewage tank) in home run by nuns,

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/irish-catholic-church-says-horrified-childrens-mass-grave-072303452.html#Rt3hFnx

These nuns/church need to answer for this atrocity, the same as war criminals,

Nothing good ever comes of "organised religion".

Well, considering that the time frame was between 1925-1961 there are not likely to be that many persons left.

Nothing good ever comes of "organised religion"

That is a bit of a blanket statement and as such likely not to be accurate, no?

Well, considering that the time frame was between 1925-1961 there are not likely to be that many persons left.

That is a bit of a blanket statement and as such likely not to be accurate, no?

Between 50-90yrs, there will be plenty of the nuns alive from 50-60years ago, I do not believe this could have been done without the higher hierarchy of the church knowing,

I admit that was a bit of a "blanket statement", but it seems most religions start out with good intent, But get corrupted by those who interpret the laws of god as they believe. Most wars/terrorists attacks have been fought by those who believe they are doing gods work,

Religious+Wars.+People+fighting+over+who

So, uhh... What exactly is it that you wanted to discuss here? Appropriate societal response to this horrible finding? Best ways to punish those involved (but not yet dead of old age)? The frequency of upsetting outcomes we sometimes encounter due to belief/faith inspired cognitive dissonances? Did you just want to make broad sweeping generalizations about religion itself? It's not clear.

So, uhh... What exactly is it that you wanted to discuss here? Appropriate societal response to this horrible finding? Best ways to punish those involved (but not yet dead of old age)? The frequency of upsetting outcomes we sometimes encounter due to belief/faith inspired cognitive dissonances? Did you just want to make broad sweeping generalizations about religion itself? It's not clear.

What got me was the statement "Ireland is "considering" an investigation", If this was done by any other group/company it would be investigated without a second thought, And those found guilty punished, Whether or not their "employees" were dead or alive.

What got me was the statement "Ireland is "considering" an investigation", If this was done by any other group/company it would be investigated without a second thought, And those found guilty punished, Whether or not their "employees" were dead or alive.

Super. Now, what about my actual questions?

And what is you think has actually happened? I sense a monumental presumptions, or series of presumptions on your part. You know, the same kind of presumptions you seem to think are associated with the beliefs of major religions.