Relic Neutrinos - split from How many times ...

sunshaker

Neutrinos are somewhere around there (very wide ballpark figure), and they're objects. So I think this situation happens all the time.

I have read about "relic neutrinos" that are the size of the expanded universe, What would these speeds mean to a neutrino the size of universe?

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2009/06/090602-particles-larger-than-galaxies.html

Does the universe exist within a neutrino?

Edited by sunshaker

I don't think this "size" should be interpreted as the actual size of the neutrino; they are effectively point particles. I assume they are talking about something to do with the Heisenberg uncertainty principle: as the energy of the neutrino is reduced, the uncertainty in its position increases (or something).

Because they have much less energy, these neutrinos would have much less energy which makes them much harder to detect. However, detecting these could tell us all sorts of important things... (that I barely understand!)

I don't think this "size" should be interpreted as the actual size of the neutrino; they are effectively point particles. I assume they are talking about something to do with the Heisenberg uncertainty principle: as the energy of the neutrino is reduced, the uncertainty in its position increases (or something).

Because they have much less energy, these neutrinos would have much less energy which makes them much harder to detect. However, detecting these could tell us all sorts of important things... (that I barely understand!)

Why to talk of relic neutrinos, why not talk of a single neutrino ( if a single electron can be talked about....)