How do I vote down a reputation?

you need to post over a certain amount before you can start voting down. At face value this may seem annoying but it's to stop people opening multiple accounts and targeting someone and flooding their rep into the negative.

All I see on posts is the green up arrow. How do I down vote a post?

Clarissa

You have to have so many posts before you can vote up and Down.

I have the ability to vote up and down but I don't really use the down function that much.

You might not have reached your post count yet.

I have never voted down a post. Because I think that even bad posts are not devoid of value. You can always get something from them. Even if only on a kind of "reductio ad absurdum" principle.

To vote a post down, seems to show a lack of courtesy.

I have never voted down a post. Because I think that even bad posts are not devoid of value. You can always get something from them. Even if only on a kind of "reductio ad absurdum" principle.

To vote a post down, seems to show a lack of courtesy.

You have, in fact. Any user at all can go to your profile and click the reputation tab. Not only does it show the reputation you have revieved, but also the reputation you have given. Barely needing to scroll down, I see you've already downvoted this post. Would you like another example?

Though, having super powers, I could also conclusively prove you downvoted it, if you'd like that as well.

You have, in fact. Any user at all can go to your profile and click the reputation tab. Not only does it show the reputation you have revieved, but also the reputation you have given. Barely needing to scroll down, I see you've already downvoted this post. Would you like another example?

Though, having super powers, I could also conclusively prove you downvoted it, if you'd like that as well.

Us mere mortals cannot see the rep given. I would like to though ...and iNow would IIRC

We can even click the rep number to see who have what to each post. I could have sworn normal members could see what posts recieved reputation via the profile, though. My bad.

Either way, he's neg repped before.

Just ask swansont, He seems to have no problem using the neg/rep button, Look what we have done to his poor finger :)

What makes you think I give out a lot of neg rep, as we've established that you can't see reputation given?

It's been my (anecdotal) observation that users tend to either neg-rep or respond. It's not the usual response to do both. That makes sense to me — if the post is so bad it's worthy of downvoting, then one may not be inclined to get down in the mud and argue about it, especially if it's clear that arguing will do no good, as with posts displaying extreme bigotry or crackpottery. (And I think we all know how shy I am about confronting crackpots)

edit: and for the record (1) I just went through my ~30 most recent reps. It was about 6:1 pos:neg and (2) I don't drive a Scion.