Universal Cycles

Guest dkx

A have a theory i'd like you guy's to give me your opinion on.

I have no evidence, and not much education on physics but...

THEORY:

The universe goes in cycles of life. As of now, it is believed that the universe is expanding. Eventually super-massive blackholes will engulf all matter and energy untill only one, ultra-super-massive blackhole remains. The intense gravitational force will casue the atoms to spilt apart forming Hydrogen and Helium. Then, somehow, part of this matter is changed to anti-Hydrogen and anti-Helium, resulting in a explosion 'the big bang'. Thus a new cycle begins.

If anyone can disprove this theory, please tell me why. Its only a guess.

Thanks for any feedback.

PS: my god, you guys are good at physics, i have no clue about half the stuff your talking about. But of course i'm only 16

The universe is going to keep expanding forever according to the WMAP results; black holes lack the gravitational influence to slow things down and bring them back in the long run, because their influence at a certain distance is so low it exceeds their lifespan (black holes evaporate over time)

• 4 weeks later...
Originally posted by Michael12

No...because black holes radiate, and therefore while then can grow (while consuming matter) they likely shrink over time :)

I read that someone here is no fan of Hawking, so I'm sorry I had to go here :D

*ducking

Hello, namesake

Black Hole does not absorb the matter and does not radiate. It does not contain the mass. Time is stopped here. This is not Nothing . This is an ABSOLUTE ZERO.

Originally posted by Michael12

No...because black holes radiate, and therefore while then can grow (while consuming matter) they likely shrink over time :)

I read that someone here is no fan of Hawking, so I'm sorry I had to go here :D

*ducking

Most physicists don't like Hawking because of the way he dumbs down science in his books, not because Hawking radiation is a stupid idea, which it isn't.

black holes are not at absolute zero. the other two statements could arguably be interpreted, but do not really represent a physical explanation of a what black holes are.

actually explain what a black hole is, what it's properties are, and why it has the properties it does.

• 2 months later...

I made up that theory myself a while ago too.

The Universe is expanding and will keep on doing that. Granted, but forever? Maybe not! Hear me out.

As we all know (or atleast should) the galaxy nextdoor to us, Andromeda that is, will someday (around 3 billion years from now) hit our beloved Milkyway. So what happens then? Oh doh! The two super massive blackholes become one. Let's wait another 3 billion years, oh hell, let's wait 200 billion years. Maybe now a few other galaxies have hit "us". So the super massive blackhole is quite big. As it get's bigger - oh yes - it's gravity gets stronger and stronger. So let it grow and "maybe" someday it becomes so f##%¤ng huge that it will pull everything inside.. voila.. we've got ultra-super-massive-blackhole.. hmm.. maybe the gravity is now so awesome that it gets tinyer and tinyer.. oh my.. now it's only a size of an atom.. getting smaller.. oh damn.. now it collapsed.. a new big bang.. a new start..! hah! eat that hawkings =)

so.. disprove me =)

there's a super massive blackhole right in the middle of our milkyway.. there's a super massive black hole right in the middle of andromeda.. actually till this day they haven't found a galaxy that does not have a super massive black hole right in the middle..

and andromeda will hit us.. recently i watched this document about super massive blackholes.. and the man did some serious match for years and came up with the conclusion that the 2 super massive blackholes will become one..