Muscle building efficiency.

At the risk of getting a verbal spanking about It, what is the lazy mans easy way to increasing lean muscle mass?

I've been visiting alot of weight training forums and to put it in a nutshell the basic process of growth comes down to eating huge amounts of food, training with ever increasing weight loads and adequate rest.

The weight loss AFTER the muscle gain is what's troubling me, the ever increasing weight loads are just a personal challenge and to lift more and more is after all the name of the game.

Aside from steroids is there a way to trick the body into an anabolic state without consuming the vast amount of calories these sites recommend?. Could a person only eat the high calories every other day and stay in an anabolic state?

keep in mindI want to keep the rapid growth that comes from over work and over feeding but not get fat in the process.

I can't find much information on the topic for what I want to do. (stay in an anabolic state while minimizing over eating) I don't want to follow some big guy's 5000 calorie a day diet plan.

Basically according to these sites you have to put on some fat with the muscle and then you have to cut calories and maintain high protein intake to burn the excess fat and maintain the muscle you gained. Then repeat the process to gain more lean muscle, This yo-yo dieting has to be very unhealthy over the long term and of course it's alot easier to put on fat than lose it espescially as we get older.

What are your goals? Are you looking to bench press your own body weight or are you looking to bench double your body weight? If your goal is to merely look good with your shirt off a sensible diet is all you need.

I don't know your goals but in general short cardio bursts between lifting sets can increase GH levels. That is part of the science behind CrossFit. Every few sets you sprint around the block or something to race your heart rate up.

• 1 month later...

well the goal is to get big composed of lean muscle mass.By "putting the science behind it" I meant best / quickest results with least amount of effort, I understand there is no lazy man's way to results but 1 website can suggest heavy training every other day and very high carbs and protein and another suggests 1 intense session with mostly a protein diet and 4-5 days of rest to recover.

So cardio bursts increase growth hormone, which in theory should boost muscle gain.thank you.

Edited by random

The method you use is dependent on your physiology. People are turning all of into a science, though. I don't specialize in that kind of knowledge, because not only is it illegal (without a doctor aiding you), but it has dangerous potential side effects. There is a lot of hearsay on the Internet, and you may want to talk to someone who knows something about sports medicine.

Edited by Genecks

The method you use is dependent on your physiology. People are turning all of into a science, though. I don't specialize in that kind of knowledge, because not only is it illegal (without a doctor aiding you), but it has dangerous potential side effects. There is a lot of hearsay on the Internet, and you may want to talk to someone who knows something about sports medicine.

Huh? what's illegal about changing your diet and work out routine to get better results? I didn't say anything about steroids or using other illicit drugs.

well the goal is to get big composed of lean muscle mass.By "putting the science behind it" I meant best / quickest results with least amount of effort, I understand there is no lazy man's way to results but 1 website can suggest heavy training every other day and very high carbs and protein and another suggests 1 intense session with mostly a protein diet and 4-5 days of rest to recover.

Everyone is different. We have have different metabolisms, amount of fast twitch vs slow twitch muscles, and so on.

http://sportsmedicine.about.com/od/anatomyandphysiology/a/MuscleFiberType.htm

In my opinion the easiest way to gain muscle mass is to work on your weaknesses to improve your muscalure symmetry. For example if your biceps are more conditioned than your lats they will try to take over during pull ups and you won't properly be targeting the right muscles in your back. If your forearms are too weak you will loose your grip during pull ups before you have properly fatigued your back. If your triceps fatigue too quickly doing push ups or bench press you want be able to proper work your chest.The examples are endless. Symmetry is critical to ensure you are getting the most out of every workout. So don't focus on the trophy muscles. Make sure your abs, lower back, forearms, calves, and so on are able to support the bigger movements. That is the easiest way to quickly improve.

So cardio bursts increase growth hormone, which in theory should boost muscle gain.thank you.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/sclark41.htm