What makes you attracted to a certain look? I think I know the answer...

ADVANCE

I think it's some form of social conditioning that occurs as you're exposed to different types of people when young, such as in media/television, film and magazines, where it's implicit and sometimes explicit who should be considered attractive or 'hot' and who should not. This wouldn't be such a problem, if attractiveness wasn't so important in society today.

I think it's some form of social conditioning that occurs as you're exposed to different types of people when young, such as in media/television, film and magazines, where it's implicit and sometimes explicit who should be considered attractive or 'hot' and who should not. This wouldn't be such a problem, if attractiveness wasn't so important in society today.

Whahahaha Whahahahahahahaha nope, lol that can't be true because:

1. There is black people and asian ect all with different size or color skin and nose and the shapes of the face ect, and I'm sure, that just as much too, since brain wired, a black boy is most attracted to a black girl....that's why they always end up with the same look

2. A girl and a boy show evidence of brain wired definitely, attracted to the opposite gender only, girl to boy and boy to girl.

3. I know what I said is true myself actually because the most attractive look looks like myself but not exactly, and I'm also attracted to myself since am normal with long hair and fringe, so there mustttt...be something in the brain....that after creating you, makes you attracted to those genes/look, and you knowww the look, as when you see, you know, if u attracted, and the brain changes the attraction a bit to female anf that's why you like yourself, but not the jem, well it is, but the opposite gender perfect match is what you really want as much or I think more and is a jem or more of one even more attractive...

Edited by ADVANCE

!

Moderator Note

ADVANCE,

I am not sure what you think to achieve with the "laughter", but it can easily be perceived as insulting. Sato most probably made a serious reply to your question, and you laugh at it.

Please review your own writing before pressing the "post" button, and check if any of its contents can come across as insulting. I have to say that you require an awful lot of moderation. Please try to improve soon.

Do not discuss the contents of this moderator note. If you have any issues with it, use the report button at the bottom of this post.

Everyone else, please ignore any insulting remarks. Replying to them will be considered off-topic and going off-topic is against our rules.

Whahahaha Whahahahahahahaha nope, lol that can't be true because:

1. There is black people and asian ect all with different size or color skin and nose and the shapes of the face ect, and I'm sure, that just as much too, since brain wired, a black boy is most attracted to a black girl....that's why they always end up with the same look

2. A girl and a boy show evidence of brain wired definitely, attracted to the opposite gender only, girl to boy and boy to girl.

3. I know what I said is true myself actually because the most attractive look looks like myself but not exactly, and I'm also attracted to myself since am normal with long hair and fringe, so there mustttt...be something in the brain....that after creating you, makes you attracted to those genes/look, and you knowww the look, as when you see, you know, if u attracted, and the brain changes the attraction a bit to female anf that's why you like yourself, but not the jem, well it is, but the opposite gender perfect match is what you really want as much or I think more and is a jem or more of one even more attractive...

1) No, interracial attraction is actually very common, that from whites to blacks to asians and vice-versa. The reason there is not as much interracial mating as there might be is that there are generally, especially where I live, communities that can be distinguished by something like a 99% black or white population, and this through years forms a subtle discomfort with other races relative to those who surround you. There is also a residual population of people who were around and comfortable during more... racist times. And, if our brains are hardwired to be attracted to any race, it's different races rather than our own: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2099449/Are-human-beings-hard-wired-different-races-attractive-Study-finds-white-people-rate-white-partners-SECOND.html.

2) No, bad, wrong, no, stop right there. Males can be and to an extent are just as attracted to other males as they are to females, and such is true with females as well. This grounds from work done by Freud and Kinsey and has been studied to this day (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Innate_bisexuality), noticing that as homosexuality and bisexuality become more acceptable in society, and children don't hear the idea getting shunned as much, that the population of homosexuals is increasing drastically. This is no coincidence; it is social freedom allowing humans to express their honest sexualities.

3) No, again, it's more likely that you either resemble those who were exposed to you in media and social contexts (either implicitly or explicitly) as attractive during your younger years, or you're just pompous. I generally find people attractive based on my interaction with them, and as such have even been attracted to those not considered attractive under your definition, both male and female, breaking your premise down.

I read somewhere that attraction and sexuality develops at about 4 years old, and a male will tend to be attracted to those that look how his mother looked then. In a book by Oliver James I believe.

1) No, interracial attraction is actually very common, that from whites to blacks to asians and vice-versa. The reason there is not as much interracial mating as there might be is that there are generally, especially where I live, communities that can be distinguished by something like a 99% black or white population, and this through years forms a subtle discomfort with other races relative to those who surround you. There is also a residual population of people who were around and comfortable during more... racist times. And, if our brains are hardwired to be attracted to any race, it's different races rather than our own: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2099449/Are-human-beings-hard-wired-different-races-attractive-Study-finds-white-people-rate-white-partners-SECOND.html.

2) No, bad, wrong, no, stop right there. Males can be and to an extent are just as attracted to other males as they are to females, and such is true with females as well. This grounds from work done by Freud and Kinsey and has been studied to this day (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Innate_bisexuality), noticing that as homosexuality and bisexuality become more acceptable in society, and children don't hear the idea getting shunned as much, that the population of homosexuals is increasing drastically. This is no coincidence; it is social freedom allowing humans to express their honest sexualities.

3) No, again, it's more likely that you either resemble those who were exposed to you in media and social contexts (either implicitly or explicitly) as attractive during your younger years, or you're just pompous. I generally find people attractive based on my interaction with them, and as such have even been attracted to those not considered attractive under your definition, both male and female, breaking your premise down.

Firstly the laughing was cause I knew I was right I have proof and not to be insulting or mean and just to be funny... ~

Secondly, From looking alot at the faces of girls I am most attracted to and examining, I have found that, (also my mom and dad look like me) I have found that there are around two most attractive looks, asian face and a more egyption nose dutch face that looks more like myself, and these two faces (both of them )look like me! anddd my mom too! And the most attractive person is definitely the same color skin, unless you find the same look of face & body in black or other, but if it's in the same color it is even more attractive, so I'm...right...shrugs shoulders :/ ......it's proof of myself anddd others ,that you look like mom and dad and are attracted to a look that looks like yourself which looks something related to your mom and your attracted to yourself too as since that's where the attracting look comes from and differs a bit into the blueprints of a girl which you desire as much or more than your own look...

3. Well about gay and lesbian...maybe some of you's are not on track with the normal way we are wired as I explained above, and really are brain wired to be attracted to the same gender...but maybe you's are not really tho, because if you see someone that looks like you a bit, you might be ok with it, but maybe even a bit of disgustness still left unless a perfect clone or op gender is enough to not be bi...so maybe you's better watch it there ad think again...and ya if a clone or op gender maybe it would be ok I think...now also sato and others, it is true that I and others are straight becase some things honestly...are attractive....some are neutral like a square...and human males to me are disgusting, I can't really look at them, I enjoy more not looking at their face, and therfore respectively their body either then...so there ya ..go...

...and human males to me are disgusting, I can't really look at them, I enjoy more not looking at their face, and therfore respectively their body either then...

I'm pretty sure most men are neutrally attracted to other men, not viewing them as potential mates but not being disgusted either. What you're describing sounds like a phobia to me.

Seriously, you don't look half the people on the planet in the face because they disgust you?! Is it gay men or all men? Homophobia or androphobia?

I have proof

Nope. Proof belongs to mathematics, not biology. Until you can make that distinction, your ideas won't be worth a whole lot.

Secondly, From looking alot at the faces of girls I am most attracted to and examining, I have found that (...)

Would you like to show us the complete data set? Until you do, there is nothing for you to build a case on, as others can't examine your methodology and results.

......it's proof of myself anddd others ,that you look like mom and dad and are attracted to a look that looks like yourself which looks something related to your mom

Then, how come I've found myself attracted to people of exceptionally different ethnicity than my own?

are brain wired to be attracted to the same gender

Citation needed.

so there ya ..go...

There we don't go. Personal anecdotes are useless in scientific discussion. You have brought up nothing in regards to evidence, thus there is nothing for anybody to consider.

Well saying that then there's not much I can think of to say other then my examination of theory is above that should be and seems true, you can test for yourself if you like the same color op gender more, and if the most attractive boy or girl- look like yourself and parents, and if there is disgust if you really really think about it about same gender, it's all above....as I said so then what made you also then makes you extremely attracted to yourself and also even more to a different but very similar op gender face that simply took a little differentiation from the best attraction of yourself that came from what made you...it's all above......and also what you said and about a just right off different attraction that doesn't look like you or parents and the bi and from the faces you seen when young is talking about being fromed OR brain wired....but the proof of what I said and how it explains plus so many people saying the couple "looks alike" proves what I said is correct...like what I said above is right and the normal case, and that maybe some are not born normal and acidentaly just brain wired different.

Edited by ADVANCE

Firstly the laughing was cause I knew I was right I have proof and not to be insulting or mean and just to be funny... ~

I assume with proof you mean evidence. Except you only provided anecdotes, which qualifies as neither. The only thing you offer are a stream of thoughts while bypassing any literature that may address the points you mention.

Overall, not a terrible successful way to conduct yourself on a science board.

The OP is no better than other speculations claiming to have found the secrets of the cosmos. For now, I am moving it to speculations.

I assume with proof you mean evidence. Except you only provided anecdotes, which qualifies as neither. The only thing you offer are a stream of thoughts while bypassing any literature that may address the points you mention.

Overall, not a terrible successful way to conduct yourself on a science board.

The OP is no better than other speculations claiming to have found the secrets of the cosmos. For now, I am moving it to speculations.

I meant what I said seems right and I'm totally going with it of course as there's nothing to win over the said things

I meant what I said seems right and I'm totally going with it of course as there's nothing to win over the said things

You're wrong. Men are attracted to dolphins and females are attracted to asteroids. What I said is right and there's nothing you can do to show it's wrong.

This argument is as strong as the argument you are making. Do you see how this makes your statement less than reliable?

Our physical form is a projection of our inner balance,

We may for a moment be attracted to someone(sexual attraction, youth symmetry),

But once you get to know them you realize they have no inner substance, And soon you lose that attraction.

It is only when we get to know someone(resonate with them) that we become truly attracted to them or not,

thumb-350-438834.jpg

Science does not work that way and this is a science forum.

Certainly many scientists have developed a new theory based upon a hunch, or a gut feeling. That's the same as you saying your idea "seems right" to you. But before publicly sharing that idea they gather evidence for it; they probe and prod at it, looking for weaknesses. When they do share, perhaps with a select group, they listen intently to any criticisms that are made, or weaknesses that are pointed out, then try to address these with evidence and experiment, not with personal anecdotes.

If you wish your proposal to be taken seriously you need to start doing the same thing.

Every human & animal is ok with looking at eachother because not the same species even if same gender, and same species different gender is attracted, but same species and same gender as us straight people are, is disgusting!!! (the face is totally repelling) What I said above is true to normaly made beings unless your bi and maybe even more spread out but not as sexualy attracted sadly then for the advantage and so normal is more great, and that's why a normal boy and girl look alike and like your parents as I prooved what I said above for normal straight made people, and that it somehow formed in your brain from your shapes of body and face being formed and the nervous system and recordings of when created and then made the target for most attracted and differentiated it a bit to opposite gender face as being more attractive then yourself a bit, it may be impossible for it to do this if it can't and a spirit being the consciousness would prob just have the attractive target and each spirit is different and it could be like that, if that stuff is true~

Well about gay and lesbian...maybe some of you's are not on track with the normal way we are wired as I explained above, and really are brain wired to be attracted to the same gender.....

The way people's brains are wired and how such wiring effects gender orientation is a subject that is being explored with MRI (magnetic resonance imaging). One research study asserts that the brains of homosexual men resemble those of heterosexual women, while lesbians' brains show similarities with those of straight men. See http://www.cosmosmagazine.com/news/gay-brains-resemble-opposite-sex/

Every human & animal is ok with looking at eachother because not the same species even if same gender, and same species different gender is attracted, but same species and same gender as us straight people are, is disgusting!!! (the face is totally repelling)

Totally repelling? You need to be aware Advance that the vast majority of males do not find other male's appearances to be repelling, but for the most part neutral. And most males, if they think about - which I suspect most do not do, can recognise a handsome individual, without feeling any attraction to them. (Other than voting for them in elections and arguably giving them preferences in promotions. The research is out there if you care to look for it.)

As Fuzzwood has said, your use of terms likes disgusting and repelling is not scientific and has no place in this discussion.

What I said above is true to normaly made beings unless your bi and maybe even more spread out but not as sexualy attracted sadly then for the advantage and so normal is more great,

You seem to be suggesting that homosexual attraction is abnormal. Now if you mean by this that only a minority express this trait I would agree. However, once again you seem to be applying a value judgement and bringing your own morality into a scientific discussion.

and that's why a normal boy and girl look alike and like your parents as I prooved what I said above for normal straight made people, and that it somehow formed in your brain from your shapes of body and face being formed and the nervous system and recordings of when created and then made the target for most attracted and differentiated it a bit to opposite gender face as being more attractive then yourself a bit, it may be impossible for it to do this if it can't and a spirit being the consciousness would prob just have the attractive target and each spirit is different and it could be like that, if that stuff is true~

It would be nice if you would make an effort to:

1. Write in sentences.

2. Spell correctly.

3. Use proper grammar.

4. Express yourself clearly.

Since you have failed to do so I have very little idea what you were trying to say in the above sentence/paragraph/concatenation of meaningless phrases. Would you like to try restating it, using guidelines 1 to 4?

Another question, Advance;

Do you include mental attraction in this, or only physical? Because I've seen very attractive people, that I wouldn't want to be around. And I've met some people who I wouldn't judge as physically appealing, which I have an amazing time with. Both of these cases go for both genders (yes, I have no issue recognizing whether someone of my gender is physically attractive, yet have no attraction to them myself).

If you're only talking about physical attraction, would you say it's equally disgusting for two ugly people of opposite genders to get it on?

1. For straight made people, it (is) disgusting as explained. Only thing acceptable for people straight is a clone or opposite gender.

2. Iv learned and ov that no matter how different looking a boy and girl are and totally not attracted it will never hurt the "statio" of aiming for only ever going near op gender and is not bad.

3. As I said normal could be straight... and born differently could be either like a girl's mind or like I explained might be spread out to able to like same gender also, but a universal cost of probably not as attracted to some things to achieve such a wider range.

1. For straight made people, it (is) disgusting as explained. Only thing acceptable for people straight is a clone or opposite gender.

2. Iv learned and ov that no matter how different looking a boy and girl are and totally not attracted it will never hurt the "statio" of aiming for only ever going near op gender and is not bad.

3. As I said normal could be straight... and born differently could be either like a girl's mind or like I explained might be spread out to able to like same gender also, but a universal cost of probably not as attracted to some things to achieve such a wider range.

It's actually pretty abnormal to be repelled by people of the same gender. Most straight people aren't. They may not be attracted to them, but that's different from being disgusted.

Homosexuallity has been documented in many animal species. Homophobia has only been recorded in one species.

Which one do you think is "unnatural"?

Also, I guess you might not be working in your first language here, but if you could answer without making up words like "Iv", "ov" and "statio", it would probably make it easier for us to understand.

Google's browser, Chrome, has a built in spell checking routine which you may find helpful.