Skin wrinkle in water instead of water diffusion inside body.Why????

science aficionado

When I usually goes swimming either in a river or in the sea my skin gets wrinkle!!!!

Why does this happen??

Water is suppose to enter my body by osmosis as human body water concentration is lower ,that is 60% less

than the water surrounding me which is approximately at 90% and which is 30% higher than the body

concentration.

What is the reason behind this??

I have made some researches and they are saying that the skin layer contains an oil but I dont understand how it works!!!!

I need a suitable answer!!

Tks for any humble requests in advance!!!

These dead keratin cells in the stratum corneum absorb water easily and start to swell after extended periods in the water, but the living keratin cells deeper in the skin do not. As the dead cell layer expands, it begins to take up more surface area, but it's still connected to the living cells beneath and doesn't have anywhere to go. As a result, the stratum corneum wrinkles to give the temporary new surface area someplace to go [source: Library of Congress ]. Researchers are studying other theories for what might help cause the wrinkling, such as the whether the constriction of blood vessels is related to it.

http://health.howstuffworks.com/skin-care/information/anatomy/skin-wrinkly-in-water.htm

Post #3 is incorrect. Post #2 is correct and here's the explanation.

Why Skin Wrinkles When Wet

...Now its known that the distinctive wrinkling is caused by blood vessels constricting below the skin. This is controlled by the autonomic nervous system, which handles bodily processes such as breathing, heart rate and perspiration. ...