Simply, what are all the ways we would be able to keep our consciousness which is in our brain going to live forever?

ADVANCE

The ways I know of so far are below, does anybody know of any other possible ways? Remember that the consciousness has to stay going at all times, it does when you sleep by the way, and has to actually move through something and to the new and actually leave the brain if moving to a computer for example.

1. Nanobots to keep adding new brain cells and other cells. Or turn the brain
cells and other cells into fixedup immortal cells. Or have them create immortal brain cells and other cells and add them and take away the old ones.

2. Create a computer with many firing signal shooters ect. to transfer consciousness to, or also partially a brain made of stem cells turned into the right cells and note: the wire connected to the brain has to transfer the consciousness out of there...it may have to be not just connected by wires but rather a big long extended thing/brain to have it go throughout that and then cut /take the rest away and then your in the new safe one...

3. ?????? Us fix the brain cell and other cells outside the body - dna/genes/ect. to be immortal cells and somehow add/inject them? Is this even a way or no?...

4. I still have a possible concept and way, even if it can't move single atoms... of using a little built thing, maybe atomic, to shoot photons to levitate around either single atoms or it may have to be only bigger sizes of atoms like for example 5,000 or 10,000 atom masses at a time to then build duplicates like nanobots, and to use to live forever.

Update:

5th way is taking out the brain and keeping it in something to give it oxygen & blood & food and to take away old debris, maybe stem cells grown to encase it and tubes too? New brain cells would have to be added later, or move to another -way-. With this way keep in mind we have to keep the conscious always ~going~ and if memory or anything else isss needed to keep U, it will always have to be there and stay there. We would have to add new cells and have the memory and ect. move to new ones and slowly take out the old? Or add new and take out ones that drop or blow apart... and of course as memory or anything else changes on its own, you are still you as we all know we are so that's ok to note, but changing memory or other things fast may make U not conscious forever.

Adding on to 5th way, or cut head off and simulate all things going up the neck and make it work?... What about before or after compressing of the neck smaller so that after the few needed tubes are in, the other small areas that can be flat can be patched over... or if need input too have things put up to them and then between all tubes glue-solidifly the line-like-openings and all good? That would be like futuroma lol, where they're in a liquid filled bulb...

Adding on to the 3rd way, Could either do or together electical signals in certain areas or and special drugs to make our cells create new brain cells, cells and organs~ And maybe we could use a special drug to fix our dna to forever stay young. Maybe something to do with stem cells, someone's or our's stem cells and maybe even manipulated and as themselves or grown as something put in or injected in body to do something.

Edited by ADVANCE

I realise that you are posting speculations at present,, and I wish that modern surgery was equipped to perform what you are suggesting. Clearly you believe that consciousness is an emergent property of the brain and can be replicated somehow, Your thoughts are bold and forthright and I think scientists need this type of thinking to bolt them out of dogmatic slumber.

1. I thought immortal cells were mostly grown in vitro and showed properties not common to normal cells with Hayflick limits.

2. Can a computer model consciousness that represents a human brain without thorough mapping of brain functions? I don't know.

3. I think stem cells were found in the brain with a reapir function but someone could correct me on that supposition

What are nanobots? And have any been made that are capable of repair of cells and transport of metabolites? I think we need some expert input here.

Interesting thoughts...

Extract and transfer all person-data, preserving data-sets, and brain data-pathways to a complex graphene lattice. i think it is capable of conducting signals and storing information. It's archival properties and thermal tolerance, being pure carbon, should be excellent. Economy of space should be good too.

Edited by StringJunky

New brain cells could make you forget. So after many stem cell treatments, you, might not be you anymore.

Hippocampal Neurogenesis Regulates Forgetting During Adulthood and Infancy

Throughout life, new neurons are continuously added to the dentate gyrus. As this continuous addition remodels hippocampal circuits, computational models predict that neurogenesis leads to degradation or forgetting of established memories. Consistent with this, increasing neurogenesis after the formation of a memory was sufficient to induce forgetting in adult mice. By contrast, during infancy, when hippocampal neurogenesis levels are high and freshly generated memories tend to be rapidly forgotten (infantile amnesia), decreasing neurogenesis after memory formation mitigated forgetting. In precocial species, including guinea pigs and degus, most granule cells are generated prenatally. Consistent with reduced levels of postnatal hippocampal neurogenesis, infant guinea pigs and degus did not exhibit forgetting. However, increasing neurogenesis after memory formation induced infantile amnesia in these species.

http://bms.ucsf.edu/sites/ucsf-bms.ixm.ca/files/shared/20140605.zubia_.mario_.pdf

Edited by wanghankun

It depends on whether or not intercellular connections can be replicated also. However, neither this nor artificial cell replication are possible at our current technology levels, and I doubt they will ever be. Limiting factors include but are not limited to energy supply and means to transfer any instruction set to the nanobots, let alone construction of said nanobots..

New brain cells could make you forget. So after many stem cell treatments, you, might not be you anymore.

Hippocampal Neurogenesis Regulates Forgetting During Adulthood and Infancy

Throughout life, new neurons are continuously added to the dentate gyrus. As this continuous addition remodels hippocampal circuits, computational models predict that neurogenesis leads to degradation or forgetting of established memories. Consistent with this, increasing neurogenesis after the formation of a memory was sufficient to induce forgetting in adult mice. By contrast, during infancy, when hippocampal neurogenesis levels are high and freshly generated memories tend to be rapidly forgotten (infantile amnesia), decreasing neurogenesis after memory formation mitigated forgetting. In precocial species, including guinea pigs and degus, most granule cells are generated prenatally. Consistent with reduced levels of postnatal hippocampal neurogenesis, infant guinea pigs and degus did not exhibit forgetting. However, increasing neurogenesis after memory formation induced infantile amnesia in these species.

http://bms.ucsf.edu/sites/ucsf-bms.ixm.ca/files/shared/20140605.zubia_.mario_.pdf

Actually just thought of something helpful, that reason that couldn't be true to adding neurons and taking ones out would make u not u and die and that we would/should remain you and stay conscious is because two things,

1. Thinking about it it should work and well u just would stay u and stay conscious anddddddd

2. All (memories) and maybe even the (central consciousness that is the consciousness), unless also made of the memories and other too, -I mean so all memories and consciousness in the neurons are in many neurons, even duplicates of each charge - 1 & 0's and that's why you can make a little memory biggg or extend and create imaginary visions~ So while you take out and add new ones the memory and consciousness should still have all or most crucial memories and the conscious should stay going as being in many neurons even more than needed, -note if the consciousness were to stop and start for a moment you would not ever be conscious again, because in the future after dieing no arrangement of particles to make you will make you conscious, so you have to stay conscious, but as I said you should and memories should stay.

Edited by ADVANCE