(Python 2.7) Accessing Twitter feed

I'm trying to get access to Twitter feed about bail bond information. We want to get all the info we possibly can by scraping the "firehose" as they call it. My boss told me that this should be a pretty simple project and take a day to work out at most. I've already spent 3 and a half hours working on it, so I'm wondering if anyone else knows anything about this that may help me finish this project.

Thanks in advance

It's extremely complicated. I feel like this task was wayyyy underestimated

I pulled it off. I'm not quite done making it pretty yet, but I pulled it off. If anyone else is looking for help, here is the code and here is where I got the answer.

import twitter
from twitter import *
from HTMLParser import HTMLParser

class MLStripper(HTMLParser):
    def __init__(self):
        self.reset()
        self.fed = []
    def handle_data(self, d):
        self.fed.append(d)
    def get_data(self):
        return ''.join(self.fed)
def strip_tags(html):
    s = MLStripper()
    s.feed(html)
    return s.get_data()
t = Twitter(
	auth = OAuth(OAUTH_TOKEN, OAUTH_SECRET,
                       CONSUMER_KEY, CONSUMER_SECRET)
	)
makealist = t.search.tweets(q="#put your search hashtag here")
makeitastring = str(makealist)
strip_tags(makeitastring)
makingalist = makeitastring.split(',')
Edited by Popcorn Sutton

You can remove this post if you like.

I asked how to get the coordinates of a particular location, what I found was to search the coordinates, and since I had an example of New York City's coordinates, I went off that template.

https://www.google.com/search?q=new+york+citys+coordinates&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&channel=sb

Here you will see that it's approximately 40,74. In the twitter API, you put {'locations':'-74,40,-73,41'} and as you can see, the coordinates are reverse.

Edited by Popcorn Sutton

Also, in order to get streaming data from the 'firehose', TwitterAPI is your best bet.

in the command line type this-

pip install TwitterAPI

This API is by far the easiest and most useful. If you monitor your target location, you will get the stream of data. This is not entirely explanatory on how to use the API, but it's sufficient to get you started.