Thoughts on deju vu

gamefreek_01

I believe that deja vu is very simple, our brain interprets things not as wholes but as certain emphasized events of observations, like in a song you may only remember parts yuo really like or when yuo see somthing yuo may only remember colours or locations not it all in a perfect scene. So whne we remember things with only few simple things our brain if it see the same set of things it would think you have deja vu not because its the exactly the same situation but close dependent on those very emphasized points that in a similar situation could be remphasized to give the appearence of deja vu.

I believe that deja vu is very simple, our brain interprets things not as wholes but as certain emphasized events of observations, like in a song you may only remember parts yuo really like or when yuo see somthing yuo may only remember colours or locations not it all in a perfect scene. So whne we remember things with only few simple things our brain if it see the same set of things it would think you have deja vu not because its the exactly the same situation but close dependent on those very emphasized points that in a similar situation could be remphasized to give the appearence of deja vu.

That happens to me a lot. An example happened to me two years ago when my dad and I went to visit a friend of his in the next town. When we got to the towns center, I instantly recognized the feeling you describe. I gazed at the buildings and knew I was here before. I even pointed out a particular rotary with a white building in the rear. My dad said no. I was never here.

Then about a year later, I was in a store at the mall in my town, and was stunned when I saw that exact scene on a postcard called "Our Town". I go to that mall all the time, so I may have glanced at that card at one time, and my brain remembered it and assumed I was really there. It was right out of a Stephen King book....creepy.....and yes my friends tried to scare the heck out of me with that. They won.

Bettina :)

Ouch.

...........................................................................................................

I've had a couple of instances of Deja vu, as well. Sometimes I get the feeling that "already seen" (french translation) a situation, I never remeber what I already have seen, just the situation I was in felt oddly, and eerily familiar.

Blike.....Tsk Tsk Tsk.... :)

"The march to war hurt economy. Laura reminded me a while ago that remember what was on the TV screens — she calls me, 'George W.' — 'George W.' I call her, 'First Lady.' No, anyway — she said, we said, march to war on our TV screen." —George W. Bush, Bay Shore, New York, Mar. 11, 2004

If it's ok for my president....it's ok for me. ;)

Bettina

I get deja vu all the time. Its pretty cool.

I do as well,at a party once(well a card school).I was getting that feeling so stopped the conversation.Wrote the next few sentances of the other five people down,and placed it under a bearmat.I let the conversation continue and then showed the others what i had written,it was correct word for word.

I make no claim of being psychic,it was just weird.I explained to the others i got the feeling i had dreamt of it months ago.

The really weird part was the feeling,that my last two cans had been supped by someone.I ran to the fridge in a sweat,i was right the fridge was empty. :mad:

B@zT@rDz.

I get that happen to me occasionaly too, but I nor anyone else that I know of, have ever been able to tell exactly what`s going to happen next.

I`ve tried experimenting with it when it occurs, and never once have I ever had a clue as to who might say what, or what TV advert will show next or anything, I draw from that data that it`s only an illusion/feeling, and absolutely nothing to do with actualy Being there before or even dreaming of it before.

it`s a very disconcerting feeling, but that`s about all it is :)

Haven't we had this thread before?

Whooa ,Spooky i knew you were going to post that!

I get that happen to me occasionaly too' date=' but I nor anyone else that I know of, have ever been able to tell exactly what`s going to happen next.

I`ve tried experimenting with it when it occurs, and never once have I ever had a clue as to who might say what, or what TV advert will show next or anything, I draw from that data that it`s only an illusion/feeling, and absolutely nothing to do with actualy Being there before or even dreaming of it before.

it`s a very disconcerting feeling, but that`s about all it is :)[/quote']

Apart from this one episode, The cause could be simply the most common questions we pose in conversation,usually have a common and usual answer,therefore repetative.

So if someone asks "what colour do you think the sky is today"..."spooky i just know he is going to say blue!"

well I`m actualy concerning myself with any Genuine Predictive nature of this occurance in my post and experiment, thus far (and I`ve no real reason to beleive otherwise) it`s proven to be a false assumption, although it may "FEEL" like it`s a past experience, there is certain NO evidence to support this, and really, I HAVE TRIED!

it`s little more than a bizzare mental or physiological abberation/glitch (according to my humble findings).

I have experienced this but only with short image burts rather than complete sections of audio. I usualy have a dream with just one image or half a second of motion which, is in a light circle surrouded by blackness. It might be something stupid like foot at an odd angle in a place we've never been but, it always comes true. :confused:

well, listen to this then....

was having a maths test....busy scribbling algebraic equations...then all of a sudden i felt that the questions seemed remarkably familiar. i was resting my head on the table, whilst writing, and i got the feeling that somehow i had dreamt of myself doing the self-same questions in that exact position. it was just a thought, but it had a blast of an impact. i practically freaked out!

anyways, from the experiences of others, i find that a common link to deja vu is always dreams....why?

p.s. none of the above is bull...it really happened....

• 2 weeks later...

Deja-vu is easy enough to explain when you've just realized you've just come back from the future. It's really a part of the process of remote viewing, or metempsychosis, a bit of a time leap in the visual optical process that's too fast to pick up in the conscious memory when it occur's, fix's in the the sub-conscious optical memory, and is re-called to the conscious memory, a circiut of time between two hemisphere's of the brain is suddenly connected for a split second. It's when you get three hour's missing in a time gap while doing 30 mile's an hour on a 6 minute journey by car that's harder to explain!

• 2 weeks later...
Deja-vu is easy enough to explain when you've just realized you've just come back from the future. It's really a part of the process of remote viewing, or metempsychosis, a bit of a time leap in the visual optical process that's too fast to pick up in the conscious memory when it occur's, fix's in the the sub-conscious optical memory, and is re-called to the conscious memory, a circiut of time between two hemisphere's of the brain is suddenly connected for a split second. It's when you get three hour's missing in a time gap while doing 30 mile's an hour on a 6 minute journey by car that's harder to explain!

That's cool.

I think he meant that you actually are remembering the experience from the past, but the past you are remembering was just the split second earlier. Since the scene obviously hasn't changed within that split second, you remember it exactly as you see it.

Perhaps the exact section of your short term memory is recorded to long term memory accidently, and is recalled instantly because of the connection to the long term memory for that section being connected to the short term so intricately.

Some people say they "dreamt" a scene before, and some say the've been there. I am willing to bet that the two classes of people are experiencing something simmilar, but in one, the scene is recorded to a section of the long term memory, and the other to a section more associated with sub-concious thought or memory.

I can take that to the extreme, but thankfully its only happened the once. While I was married to my ex we were stationed in Northern Ireland (he was in the army). I was sitting upstairs on my bed, tv on but doing a puzzle book, when I became aware that a "breaking news headline" had interrupted the programme. I syopped what I was doing and watched the tv. The news reader, a lady I had never seen before, was reporting that a soldier had been killed by a sniper in South Armar, she mentioned the exact village, though I dont remember what it was now. I emmediately ran down stairs and commented to my husband about it, he said he had not seen the news breakthrough and laughed at me. Next I went next door and spoke to my neighbour ad I knew she had family in that village. She contacted her family who reported back that no such incident had taken place. Well as you can imagine, I got the micky taken out me something rotten over this little episode, but are ya familier with the saying "he who laughs last.... laughs longest"? Two weeks later the exact news broadcast broke through all tv programmes, it was the ladies first appearance on tv and indeed a soldier had been killed by a sniper in that village in South Armar.

Needless to say I got me and my kids out of Ireland pretty darn fast after that.

Not sure that this constitutes deja-vu but it scared me silly. This was back in 1993/4 when England and the IRA were at loggerheads, the IRA being a terrorist group that had bombed mainland England for three decades, and who were being funded amazingly enough by the Kennedy's in the USA.

occasionaly ill have a dream - dont often dream, but when i do it happens, i only dream of stupidly small things, or pictures, snippets realy, but it always happens, however i often get the feeling ive done this before. Dose this mean i make a time machine sometime in the future? or dose it mean my brain is very slopy with rembering things; itd figure, my memory is awfull.

• 8 months later...