Discussion that Einstein was an idiot?

Marshalscienceguy

Was Newton wrong because he didn't thoroughly explain gravity? I don't think so. Same thing with Einstein. Sorry, but I don't think one person can do it all.

No they were actually wrong, it's just that they had good models for the data of the time period which was later found to not model everything.

Edited by SamBridge

No they were actually wrong, it's just that they had good models for the data of the time period which was later found to not model everything.

Physics is like that. You produce models and see how well they fit the data for some ranges in the parameter space. The model need only fit the data you have well and then not for all parameters to be a good model. So as Newtonian gravity models nature well for macroscopic objects, but not in very strong gravitational fields and as long as the objects are not moving too fast, I would say it is a good model.

I found discussion online stating Einstein was really an idiot. A lot of this is saying the fact that we CAN go past the speed of light means that the idea that we could not means that Einstein was stupid or the fact he was a German means he was an idiot since all Germany cares about is destroying Jews. Even if his old Research and ideas are today proven incorrect does that necessarily mean hes a complete moron or just that we are improving on ideas he created?

Should have posted this link to whomever made this claim