Is it possible we are being "OBSERVED " by a higher life form ?

Mike Smith Cosmos

Then why haven't they? They could set up a website (or a science discussion forum). Or a TV station. Or just walk the streets shaking hands. Other people have found ways to communicate easily, so why would God and your Superiors make it so hard?

There would be about a third of the world population , at least by historic cultural beliefs , believe that a number have visited earth and been seen and heard about 2000 years or more in the past. And at a similar time one important one walked the streets of the Middle East , Israel. Unfortunately , because of what he said , and what he claimed he was , he was killed. A third of the world ,went on to repeat information about this " walking the streets and parting with some interesting information , that later got incorporated into the statute books of many major nations .

Nowadays there is a growing scepticism , but it had a big impact.

What would happen in today's world if this happened with all the media. The economy would no doubt stop overnight .

If you prefer the science style version. The film " The day the Earth stood still " is worth seeing , again our knee jerk reaction nearly did for us .

Link Wikipedia :- Search using " the day the earth stood still 2008 "

:-

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Day_the_Earth_Stood_Still_(2008_film)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Day_the_Earth_Stood_Still_(2008_film).

post-33514-0-54368300-1426810440_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mike Smith Cosmos

There would be about a third of the world population , at least by historic cultural beliefs , believe that a number have visited earth and been seen and heard about 2000 years or more in the past. And at a similar time one important one walked the streets of the Middle East , Israel. Unfortunately , because of what he said , and what he claimed he was , he was killed. A third of the world ,went on to repeat information about this " walking the streets and parting with some interesting information , that later got incorporated into the statute books of many major nations . Nowadays there is a growing scepticism , but it had a big impact. What would happen in today's world if this happened with all the media. The economy would no doubt stop overnight .

Mike

Yes Mike; I am intimately familiar with myth. In the vulgar vernacular, I don't give a rat's ass what they believe or have believed other than as historical and psychological curiosities. Which brings up the interesting question of higher intelligence and their taboos, whether word-ish or otherwise. Do higher intelligences swear? Is there some threshold above which nothing is taboo and everything is funny? Would belief be taboo? Would ignorance be taboo? Would showing the face or some ankle be taboo? Perhaps they would sooner stick a needle in their eye than answer a question from one of us. Perhaps asking them a question is an unpardonable insult.

PS I see now you have edited your post and removed my post that you quoted and replied to -apparently. Proofread Mike. Look over your post before hitting submit. Higher intelligences would. ;)

Edited by Acme

Yes Mike; I ........ Higher intelligences would. )

I think any higher intelligence would make an ' Avatar ' just like us , so we could not tell them apart from humans. Why? Because anything else would ' freak the living daylights out of us ' and humans would attempt to kill it out of fear . So ..

So I would say we need to concentrate more on the " message not the medium "

Where is the message ?

+++++++ Bound up in the question and the Serendipity ? ++++++++

Where is the medium ? Does it matter, if we are not concentrating on the medium , but rather the message ?

Maybe this is not a good thing , we may get caught up in a bad connection ? How can we overcome that problem ?

Mike

I think any higher intelligence would make an ' Avatar ' just like us , so we could not tell them apart from humans. Why? Because anything else would ' freak the living daylights out of us ' and humans would attempt to kill it out of fear . So ..

So I would say we need to concentrate more of the " message not the medium "

Mike

Well, if using an avatar to calm is not a message -a picture worth a thousand words and all- then what is it? Can you legitimately presume we don't look like you?

I asked you a bunch of questions and you answered one that I didn't ask. This is why we don't reveal ourselves to you. :P

I am serious about humor. An anecdote if I may.

I live in the Pacific Northwest just spitting distance from the Cascade mountain range and [alleged] home to sasquatches. I have mined there, gathered blueberries there, gathered mushrooms there, hiked there, & target practiced there to name a few activities. For a bit of a change I took a small group in to hunt for a sasquatch.

Now in many of the stories of sightings, the [alleged] sasquatchy throws rocks, sticks, and/or pinecones into camps or at cabins. They never attack people, just tease them. Now to me, if these alleged critters are as intelligent as they are alleged, this behavior shows a senses of humor. That is, they get a kick out of scaring the snot out of the mere humans.

So when we went out into the forest -complete with infra-red video camera and monitor and two-way radios- I instructed the group to be as boisterous and mocking as they could rather than trying to be sneaky. We drank, we sang, we called out fat mama sasquatch jabs, we stayed put, and in every way made ourselves conspicuous so as to lure a bigfoot to engage us with a rejoinder.

I snapped this pic of a young male as he ambled off after chucking some mudballs at our stewpot. A good time was had by all.

16681562380_bed46fc83a_c.jpg

So you have no evidence, then. You made it up.

what kind of evidence do want ? touchable evidence ? do you think everything should have a touchable evidence ? what about magnetic field ? can you touch it ? can you see it? does that mean it does not exist ? we can not touch a spirit , we can not see it , does that mean it does not exist ? no , it has its effect, which is life , the same as the magnetic field , has its effect which is a magnetic force.

what kind of evidence do want ? touchable evidence ? do you think everything should have a touchable evidence ? what about magnetic field ? can you touch it ? can you see it? does that mean it does not exist ? we can not touch a spirit , we can not see it , does that mean it does not exist ? no , it has its effect, which is life , the same as the magnetic field , has its effect which is a magnetic force.

We can measure a magnetic field. How do you suggest I measure this "spirit effect"? What instruments do I need?

We can measure a magnetic field. How do you suggest I measure this "spirit effect"? What instruments do I need?

being happy measuring the magnetic field is not our business , we are talking about evidence for existence .

being happy measuring the magnetic field is not our business , we are talking about evidence for existence .

And when asked for some evidence, you said the spirit was like the magnetic field. So, how do we measure it?

If we can't measure it, how do we know it exists?

Edited by Strange

And when asked for some evidence, you said the spirit was like the magnetic field. So, how do we measure it?

If we can't measure it, how do we know it exists?

if you have m and M two masses , m=2 kg , M = 100 kg , do you say M exists more than m ? or just they both exist , having a number which is not zero of a mass is enough to say about it that it exists , right?

if you have m and M two masses , m=2 kg , M = 100 kg , do you say M exists more than m ? or just they both exist , having a number which is not zero of a mass is enough to say about it that it exists , right?

So what is the mass of this spirit? How would I weight it?

first are you convinced that it exists ?

Of course not, that is why I am asking how I can detect or measure it.

First you said it was like a magnetic field but can't say how it can be measured.

Now you say it is like mass, but can't say how it can be weighed.

So, how do we detect it?

Edited by Strange

First you said it was like a magnetic field but can't say how it can be measured.

where did I say it is like magnetic field?! refer to my posts

Now you say it is like mass, but can't say how it can be weighed.

I did not say that ! it seems you do not understand my comparison between both mass and fields as being things that exist and spirit as also being something exist , the topic was if it exist or not and what is the evidence.

So, how do we detect it?

the absence of energy in a dead person, energy for talking , speaking , heart pulse , brain activity

all that work with energy, the absence of this energy caused by the absence of spirit.

imagine that I have a computer or a motor , the device will not work in the absence of energy , electric energy

when I supply it with energy it will work, however if there is something wrong with the computer it will

not work even if I supply it with energy, in computer we have software hardware and energy , it is the same

in a human body, the energy is contained in food, hardware is the organs of the body , the software is a bit tricky

if we have food (energy) and all the organs are good ( it means it can work like the heart taken from a person

being put in another person will work ) however the body is not defined by our software to work using food

even if everything is OK , but the body is not defined to work using food , the missing is the spirit, which is

similar to software .

how to define the body to work using energy from food?

only God can do that .

Edited by yahya515

I did not say that ! it seems you do not understand my comparison between both mass and fields as being things that exist and spirit as also being something exist , the topic was if it exist or not and what is the evidence..

As noted, we can measure mass and magnetic fields. We cannot measure "spirit" so I still see no reason to believe it exists.

It is just chemistry. No "magic undetectable spirit" needed.

where did I say it is like magnetic field?! refer to my posts

I did not say that ! it seems you do not understand my comparison between both mass and fields as being things that exist and spirit as also being something exist , the topic was if it exist or not and what is the evidence.

the absence of energy in a dead person, energy for talking , speaking , heart pulse , brain activity

all that work with energy, the absence of this energy caused by the absence of spirit.

imagine that I have a computer or a motor , the device will not work in the absence of energy , electric energy

when I supply it with energy it will work, however if there is something wrong with the computer it will

not work even if I supply it with energy, in computer we have software hardware and energy , it is the same

in a human body, the energy is contained in food, hardware is the organs of the body , the software is a bit tricky

if we have food (energy) and all the organs are good ( it means it can work like the heart taken from a person

being put in another person will work ) however the body is not defined by our software to work using food

even if everything is OK , but the body is not defined to work using food , the missing is the spirit, which is

similar to software .

only God can do that .

You are simply describing chemical energy and god has nothing to do with it unless you can show it.

• 2 weeks later...

I am not sure how Roger Penrose's. Micro Tubules in the synaptic gaps around brain neurones , that he suggested were the seat of human consciousness ,, figure in all this.

Or whether one can communicate via consciousness through the micro tubules ? Can a higher intelligence communicate , can a person recently dead ,communicate , not sure what Roger Penrose's latest thoughts on this are ?

Mike

I am not sure how Roger Penrose's. Micro Tubules in the synaptic gaps around brain neurones , that he suggested were the seat of human consciousness ,, figure in all this.

As there is zero evidence they have anything to do with consciousness ...

Actually, maybe they fit quite well in a thread about something for which there is zero evidence...

As there is zero evidence they have anything to do with consciousness ...

Actually, maybe they fit quite well in a thread about something for which there is zero evidence...

What ? Do you mean it is possible for an idea to be ' right ' because it really sounds right ,

Yet there is 'no ' evidence for the idea what-so-ever ! Is that the sort of question ,you think could make an interesting debate .

That's my sort of question , I like it . But it's your question, not mine, I am in enough trouble , without getting tarred with that brush . However I must say I quite like it !

Mike

What ? Do you mean it is possible for an idea to be ' right ' because it really sounds right ,

Well, it could be. But with no evidence, there is no reason to think so.

Do you really believe I have an invisible pink unicorn in my garden? I mean, it sounds right to me.