Is it possible we are being "OBSERVED " by a higher life form ?

Mike Smith Cosmos

Wormholes.

I think the Film Interstellar ,well illustrated or visualized the principle of possibly going through a wormhole near Saturn.

Such would make possible contact with other life forms, if there are any? [ At , if necessary, far distance reaches of space ? ]

Interstellar_film_poster.jpg

As an example of the principle , we could think of the surface nature of the Arctic including the North Pole.[ Exploration difficulties]

Looking under the North Pole Ice cap , via a hole drilled down through the ice, and viewing through a upside down periscope long undersea distances . Similarly an underwater vehicle [submarine like] , traversing underwater the arctic, surely illustrates how apparently, difficult or death defying projects, may be realized ? Perhaps this compares with the dangers of the surface of the ocean by sailing ship and underwater security by submarines .

post-33514-0-48980900-1416771223.jpg

Mike

Edited by Mike Smith Cosmos

• 1 month later...

Wormholes.

I think the Film Interstellar ,well illustrated or visualized the principle of possibly going through a wormhole near Saturn.

Such would make possible contact with other life forms, if there are any? [ At , if necessary, far distance reaches of space ? ]

Interstellar_film_poster.jpg

Mike

Now the film ' interstellar ' has no doubt been seen by many . Maybe we will start to design systems to fulfil , this far reaching ambition ?

Mike

• 1 month later...

But of course ,you do not need to go anywhere.

If there is a higher form of intelligence ,out there somewhere . They will have long since developed an advanced system , that could tune in to what any individual was thinking , if they so choose .

At the same time they would have devised a way of communicating with an individual ,or everybody if (a ) they are allowed to. And (b ) they choose to .

So the point remains : What to do about it and How to go about it ?

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

If we were looking for an answer to the question " is there some form of Universe Wide Web , that has already been set up by these ' observers . Where would we find it ? How could we test it?

I would suggest , we do what we do with the original www World Wide Web .

ASK A QUESTION . ( just speak the question out into the air , try not to have anyone within hearing range or you are likely to get locked up ! )

How do you get an answer ? Take Notice of any serendipity ? Over the following 5 to 10 minutes .

Definition of serendipity. :- http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serendipity

post-33514-0-51674200-1426579101_thumb.jpg

Note: this picture above from the Wikipedia and the following quote . The accident here while taking a picture of a bird on a twig, he/she accidentally or serendipitously captures the other rare bird zipping through the frame .

" The chance is an event, serendipity a capacity. The Nobel Prize laureate Paul Flory suggests that significant inventions are not mere accidents.

Serendipity and scientific discoveries

The serendipitous can play an important role in the search for truth, but because of traditional scientific behavior and scientific thinking based on logic and predictability is often ignored in the scientific literature.

Successful researchers can observe the results with a careful attention in the mood to analyze a phenomenon under the most diverse and different perspectives. Question themselves on assumptions that do not fit with the empirical observations. Realizing that serendipitous events can generate important research ideas, these researchers recognize and appreciate the unexpected, encouraging their assistants to observe and discuss unexpected events. "

Mike ( boy ! can you have some fun ! )

How do you get an answer ? Take Notice of any serendipity ? Over the following 5 to 10 minutes .

1. Why would the answers come in a form that is indistinguishable from random chance / noise?

2. How do you distinguish an answer that is disguised as a random chance event from a genuine random chance event?

1. Why would the answers come in a form that is indistinguishable from random chance / noise?

2. How do you distinguish an answer that is disguised as a random chance event from a genuine random chance event?

Both these points/ questions are immensely deep and far telling in their meaning . So far the following two points are my method .

1. If you put yourself ( if this is possible ) in the shoes of an intelligent super civilisation . The chance is a-civilisation existing somewhere, aware of our presence here on earth . Can they just burst in on an individual's brain, life, consciousness , without invitation , or in an arbitrary way . Would not we as an intelligent super civilisation, hold back from intervention so as not to damage the progress of the less developed civilisation. The possible effects could be world sweeping and possibly dangerous. However a gentle intervention with an ambiguous interpretation could serve the purpose of A ) communication B) impact.

2. If included in the initial attempted question , some parameters or protocols were suggested , then this would allow for resolution( noise, choice, random , etc ) so as to identify a clear answer to a question.,

Yet still maintaining the possibility of an ambiguous interpretation.

Mike

1. If you put yourself ( if this is possible ) in the shoes of an intelligent

I agree, that will be tough. :)

The chance is a-civilisation existing somewhere, aware of our presence here on earth . Can they just burst in on an individual's brain, life, consciousness , without invitation , or in an arbitrary way .

But you were asking them a question (I'm not sure how) so why wouldn't they respond directly?

This begins to sound like the various excuses as to why God doesn't make his presence known.

I agree, that will be tough. :)

But you were asking them a question (I'm not sure how) so why wouldn't they respond directly?.

Well even by today's internet , we can type in a question , even in a loose form , or speak it into your tablet.

It does not take a great stretch of your imagination as to the possible ways an individual , can compose, and present a question ! ( To an intelligent super civilisation ) ( if there is one there )

When I have done it , I have proposed questions with three alternatives . definite correct ( to the right) , definite wrong ( to the left ) neither totally correct nor wrong. ( about the centre ) .

So with the example in Wikipedia with the birds .

I would interpret that as a clear ( neither totally correct nor totally wrong. ) namely ( about the centre ) .

post-33514-0-87839800-1426604906_thumb.jpg

This one BELOW ,whatever the question I would interpret as definitely wrong . ( see white bird in tree ) .

post-33514-0-50051900-1426606031_thumb.jpg

This one BELOW, whatever the question I would interpret as definitely right ( see red glow on right )

post-33514-0-44335000-1426607817_thumb.jpg

The rational :-

The reason for all this , is , as I set the protocol for my questions as ( left , right, centre ) . Then look for something significant within a minute or two , of the question .

Of course if you think this is all a lot of huwii , it would not work . If on the other hand , if ..........

All three of the above , are suggested simple examples of Serendipity. Perhaps inspiring within the recipient an idea or in my examples case , indicators as to the correct interpretation of an observation.

The ambiguous nature of this , can all be put down to complete unrelated coincidence , or as has been mooted by others , a little ( though ambiguous ) indicators as to an ideas' , correctness, falseness, or out right wrong.

Mike

. ... ...... they can not communicate with us , ...........first die to be created again to be capable to meet them in their universe, the entities are angels , their King is God. .

.well Communications , has been my interest ,throughout my life ...

First since being a little boy , I was utterly fascinated with the idea of RADIO ... Invisible waves that communicated .

Second as a student and engineer ... Communication across the world

Third as manufacturer ... computer to device ,

Forth as Mature student ...Satellites

Fifth as Teacher of Science to students .

Sixth as ......Seeker after an understanding of reality and communicating to whoever, artist , whatever .....

certainly in the electronics and computer realm , communicating , was and still is one of the most difficult , problematic areas.

So it's no wonder we have , and still are struggling with any possible communication or lack of communication with Superior Intelligences.

I am not sure it is easy to distinguish between .. Superior Intelligences .. and .. God and Angels . Other than they all need to be benign , kind , otherwise we are screwed !

Mike

Or maybe, just maybe, they don't exist. That would the usual conclusion about things for which there is zero evidence.

Remembering the difficulties up through my life to do with Communications , it is no wonder , we are left asking the question , you pose ..." Maybe they don't exist " ....usually it was more a case of " is it plugged in ? ". " is it switched on " .. " is the communication link , synchronised with the right speed " " code " " ASCII " the computer keyboard ..American Standard Code for Information Interchange "

The whole communication thing is very difficult in our own species let alone with a superior Intelligence . I think we have to assume , if they are Superior , they will have made it Easy ( all the difficulties hidden behind the scene ) .

That is why I think it needs to be reduced to ( Ask and Agreed protocol ...Simple Interpretation , like right, wrong , mixed )

However if you have a better idea , then great . but to say to someone , you meet on the street , before you speak to them " I do not believe you exist ! " is not going to get very far ?.." Not make a lot of progress . I don't think .

Mike

It does not take a great stretch of your imagination as to the possible ways an individual , can compose, and present a question ! ( To an intelligent super civilisation ) ( if there is one there ).

Mike

Introspection is sometimes a bit of a stretch for me, but am I doing this right? :unsure:

1020_1162931927.jpg

source

I think we have to assume , if they are Superior , they will have made it Easy ( all the difficulties hidden behind the scene ) .

Then why haven't they? They could set up a website (or a science discussion forum). Or a TV station. Or just walk the streets shaking hands. Other people have found ways to communicate easily, so why would God and your Superiors make it so hard?

Edited by Strange

Then why haven't they? They could set up a website (or a science discussion forum). Or a TV station. Or just walk the streets shaking hands. Other people have found ways to communicate easily, so why would God and your Superiors make it so hard?

Good question! I will have a good think about that while I have a taught lesson session on a " self portrait"

I may have an ear missing by the end of the afternoon !

Mike

Good question! I will have a good think about that while I have a taught lesson session on a " self portrait"

I may have an ear missing by the end of the afternoon !

Mike

Quite on point with my last post, though you may have missed it. Humor is a hallmark of human intelligence and so it's no stretch to imagine a higher intelligence will have a well developed sense of humor. Perhaps you should ask them if they walked to Earth or took their lunch. :P

Quite on point with my last post, though you may have missed it. Humor is a hallmark of human intelligence and so it's no stretch to imagine a higher intelligence will have a well developed sense of humor. Perhaps you should ask them if they walked to Earth or took their lunch. :P

Interesting point that, about humour . I must say I had not considered that before in communications . Now even more to think about . Hmmm ! Interesting , I wonder if it could be useful in radio and computer links ? Even though it is going to be more difficult now , with an ear missing .

Mike

Or maybe, just maybe, they don't exist. That would the usual conclusion about things for which there is zero evidence.

they exist nearer to you than you think !! your spirit is one of them!! a dead body can move by electricity or any energy, but will never be able to write poetry , the idea of inventing or doing art is a superior concept, that what your spirit does and a computer does not , your spirit is not yours because you are not able to keep it to your body and not to die!! when your spirit is connected to your body it is weaker than it is away , your body is a kind of impurity for the spirit , that why a dead body will go to heaven and a living one won't.

they exist nearer to you than you think !! your spirit is one of them!! a dead body can move by electricity or any energy, but will never be able to write poetry , the idea of inventing or doing art is a superior concept, that what your spirit does and a computer does not , your spirit is not yours because you are not able to keep it to your body and not to die!! when your spirit is connected to your body it is weaker than it is away , your body is a kind of impurity for the spirit , that why a dead body will go to heaven and a living one won't.

Any chance you could show us a spirit?

Any evidence for that? Or did you just make it up as a joke?

Interesting point that, about humour . I must say I had not considered that before in communications . Now even more to think about . Hmmm ! Interesting , I wonder if it could be useful in radio and computer links ? Even though it is going to be more difficult now , with an ear missing .

Mike

Humor in radio? In computer links? Are you kidding? To quote from the Deteriorata: "You are a fluke of the Universe. You have no right to be here, and whether you hear it or not, the Universe is laughing behind your back".

Humor in radio? In computer links? Are you kidding? To quote from the Deteriorata: "You are a fluke of the Universe. You have no right to be here, and whether you hear it or not, the Universe is laughing behind your back".

Interesting video Acme !

I am coming round to think that there is more than meets the eye , with:-

Recognition of Humour , also with my afternoon of Portrait painting , there must be a great deal that we take into account in Recognising someone . As I did a self portrait , yet I could not recognise myself in what I drew . Or for that matter any of the other faces people had drawn. Cartoonist - artists must have a particular. Skill!

Also there must be some other recognition ( complex) that we have been building up since birth.

So now we have face recognition and humour , as opposed to some simple characteristic like height , say

Mike

I never used to recognise individual sheep , when I was pre 30 years old . Since I have kept and bred sheep. I could go into a flock , mixed up with my 20 sheep. Say escaped by jumping over the wall ( rather climb ) . Then I could recognise my 20 in say in a flock of 100 . And pick out my 20 exactly. Yet to a passer by , they all looked the same .

Interesting video Acme !

That's it? Interesting!? Not laughing-my-ass-off funny? Interesting indeed. :P

I am coming round to think that there is more than meets the eye , with:-

Recognition of Humour , also with my afternoon of Portrait painting , there must be a great deal that we take into account in Recognising someone . As I did a self portrait , yet I could not recognise myself in what I drew . Or for that matter any of the other faces people had drawn. Cartoonist - artists must have a particular. Skill!

Humor I'm good with, but not faces. It is painfully uncomfortable for me to look people in the face and my facial recognition sucks. I have been scanning a family photo archive for the last few months and I have to rely on others to tell me who folks are even after having seen dozens of photos of them. Part of the appeal for me in communicating at a forum is that it's just the words. Well, except for those who feel compelled to put their real ugly -or not- mugs in their profile. Please don't.

Also there must be some other recognition ( complex) that we have been building up since birth.

Babies show facial recognition responses at a very early age, or so I have read.

So now we have face recognition and humour , as opposed to some simple characteristic like height , say

Mike

I never used to recognise individual sheep , when I was pre 30 years old . Since I have kept and bred sheep. I could go into a flock , mixed up with my 20 sheep. Say escaped by jumping over the wall ( rather climb ) . Then I could recognise my 20 in say in a flock of 100 . And pick out my 20 exactly. Yet to a passer by , they all looked the same .

I want to hear what folks have to say/write, not see their head-bobs, smirks, eye-rolls and other such attempts to sway. As far as such body language goes for higher intelligences, we would be shooting in the dark to presume we could garner any meaning from it.

As to recognizing your own face, I imagine it's difficult because you are used to seeing it primarily in a looking glass.

Please stop interjecting your speculative religious clap-trap into every thread. Bunch of goddamn nonsense. >:D