Applications of artificial intelligence in education

netang

Hello. Give examples of applications of artificial intelligence in education, please.

I am making a presentation on theme - "Applications of artificial intelligence in education".

I was told that I can write about "LEGO Mindstorms" and about "ABBYY TestReader" which helped to check answers of Unified State Exam (in Russia).

I don't know what add in my presentation to the existing.

I suppose there is an infinite amount of places where AI could be used in education. For example on one side, you could use AI to customize the education program to each student's learning ability/how they learn best. Another place would be to check student's work, for example, having a record of how a student talks, writes, etc, an AI can highlight areas of work that could be plagiarized. Another area would be to teach AI syntax and have an auto-grading/test generation system for english, math, history, etc. You could apply AI to helping and correcting students in physical activities and sports. Students can use AI to narrow down narratives and books to key facts to be usable in problem-solving. AI can be used school-wide, using student tracking data for better positioning of classes and other logistics to improve efficiency. You can use AI again while tracking students to track and notify students that skip, you can learn things about students to promote better habits and educate, for example behavioral analysis can tell you that a student smokes for example, enjoys physical activity, is or is not social, etc, which again can help one guide the student to tackle their weaknesses. I feel like i can go on and on on every aspect of schools. Even security, AI can fairly easily determine that there is a conflict and immediately notify near-by faculty, or take steps to self-resolve the situation, same type analysis can tell you that there are untracked people in the school, people with intent to hurt others, etc.

Just apply your imagination, and yeah...

Well, they have been holding Artificial Intelligence in Education conferences for 30 years in a row now: http://iaied.org/conf/event/12/

I don't want to sound like a jerk, but I Googled "artificial intelligence in education" and the above was the first link, but the next several hundred also look promising. I don't see why we should do your web searching for you:

http://bit.ly/1iE29sH