The Revelation

photon propeller

I dreamed I was aloft in the heavens. Everywhere I looked I saw the magnificent cosmos, yet when I peered upon myself, I saw nothing. I thought, what am I? The many eyes of God. As I looked I also heard. The multitude of acoustical waves were periodically buzzing like the swarming of birds and insects, vibrating my inner core. What am I? The many ears of God. While I looked and heard I also felt. The interfering electromagnetic waves granted not only my sight, but a sense of hot, cold, and pressure. Again I wondered, what am I? The many hands of God. So the fragrant universe surrounded me. Although I maintained all my senses, there was no breath from my lungs nor beating of my heart. I was devoid of my human form, darkness without light, unable to physically alter my environment. I had lost my power of choice. Finally I realized what I was. I was the spirit of man, pure energy, the essence of God. I waited eons for my chance to manifest in human form, my chance to choose how I'd alter my surroundings. I suddenly awoke from my dream. I was alive and born of light. My time is now and I will not forsake it. I am man. I am the vessel of God.

Reminds me of an acid trip. What psychedelic substances have been available to the various religious visionaries throughout history? What types of psychosis not induced by substances produce visionary experiences such as described in the OP?

I dreamed I was aloft in the heavens. Everywhere I looked I saw the magnificent cosmos, yet when I peered upon myself, I saw nothing. I thought, what am I? The many eyes of God. As I looked I also heard. The multitude of acoustical waves were periodically buzzing like the swarming of birds and insects, vibrating my inner core. What am I? The many ears of God. While I looked and heard I also felt. The interfering electromagnetic waves granted not only my sight, but a sense of hot, cold, and pressure. Again I wondered, what am I? The many hands of God. So the fragrant universe surrounded me. Although I maintained all my senses, there was no breath from my lungs nor beating of my heart. I was devoid of my human form, darkness without light, unable to physically alter my environment. I had lost my power of choice. Finally I realized what I was. I was the spirit of man, pure energy, the essence of God. I waited eons for my chance to manifest in human form, my chance to choose how I'd alter my surroundings. I suddenly awoke from my dream. I was alive and born of light. My time is now and I will not forsake it. I am man. I am the vessel of God.

what a spiritual journy!

• 3 weeks later...