what is your attitude toward "pussy riot"?

alkis3

you see,you are saying that Russia has no freedom of speech ,but you have also no

There is obviously a very large language barrier here and your second line is certainly confusing, but regardless, the use of the word, 'whores,' is unacceptable here.

First, please avoid calling anyone a "freak". That's an emotional attack aimed directly at a group of people you don't happen to agree with, which makes your label seem intolerant and bigoted.

why you forbid to utter some words?

isn tolerant and freedom,if I have this opinion,why I shouldn't speak words?

so sorry,but freedom is nowhere to be found,you just imagine freedom ,and here's the example

Edited by alkis3

why you forbid to utter some words?

isn tolerant and freedom,if I have this opinion,why I shouldn't speak words?

so sorry,but freedom is nowhere to be found,you just imagine freedom ,and here's the example

Well, here at SFN we have rules about attacking groups of people as a group. Calling someone who doesn't share your lifestyle a "freak" is inaccurate and hateful. We try to be civil here.

Freedom of speech has always come with certain restrictions. You aren't free to yell "FIRE" in a crowded theater because you could harm people in the panic.

Beyond that, calling someone a freak just because they don't think the way you do is very dangerous. Are you sure your definition is always going to be used? What happens if everyone turns against you because you post questions on science sites, what if they hate that and start calling you a freak? Intolerance spreads very quickly, and you can suddenly find yourself on the outside if your society is allowed to pass laws that promote intolerant behavior.

and what do the gay parades,now we are not talking about parades

now people said to me that they have freedom of speech,but forbade me to say the words

this is what does freedom of speech?

Freedom of speech has always come with certain restrictions. You aren't free to yell "FIRE" in a crowded theater because you could harm people in the panic.

you contradict yourself

first you say that you can talk all

and now see boxes...Oh well..interesting freedom

You brought it up:

freaks in Russia does not inhibit,Frick should not inspire their views on others,for example to hold gay parades

In a more general sense, why does someone else expressing their views publicly, be it Pussy Riot, homosexuals, etc affect your freedom? Do you understand the contradiction that ensues when you say that group A (i.e. "normal" people) get to express their views in public, but group B (i.e. "freaks") have to keep theirs private?

Edited by Arete

In a more general sense, why does someone else, be it Pussy Riot, homosexuals, etc affect your freedom?

as the word freak will affect their freedom...

Now talking about the limitations,but recently you told me to tell you all,that is freedom.

The main thing that no physical damage,and the fact that someone would be offended, no problem

I you understand

sorry,but I'm out of discussion

Edited by alkis3

now people said to me that they have freedom of speech,but forbade me to say the words

this is what does freedom of speech?

you contradict yourself

first you say that you can talk all

and now see boxes...Oh well..interesting freedom

I get the feeling you're running out of venom, and now you're going to ignore everything else because you've made up your mind. And since it was made up before you even started this thread, you won't notice that your words weren't forbidden, they're still there.

For the rest of you reading this in the future, this is the kind of mindset intolerance breeds. Intolerance stands between humans and learning, like two big middle fingers stuck in your ears, keeping you from hearing what's really being said.

Now talking about the limitations,but recently you told me to tell you all,that is freedom.

The main thing that no physical damage,and the fact that someone would be offended, no problem

I think you misunderstand. You have the freedom to express any viewpoint, however not the freedom to express it in any way you want.

For example, say I think that people with blue eyes are genetically inferior to those with brown eyes.

I could, within the forum rules say that I think that there is a correlation between low IQ and blue eyes. The forum would then likely shout me down with calls of "evidence or GTFO" - rightly so.

I could not, however say "People with blue eyes are stupid freaks." As that would be a breach of forum rule 1.1

Similarly, in general, in a western democracy you'd be allowed to walk down the street proudly proclaiming that you loved being a gay person and you thought it was a fantastic lifestyle under freedom of speech laws. However, you wouldn't be allowed to actually practice homosexual intercourse in public, under offensive behavior laws.

So, freedom of speech is not freedom to do whatever the hell you want in public, it's the freedom to hold whatever view you want and express it without the fear of being oppressed for it.

I think you misunderstand. You have the freedom to express any viewpoint, however not the freedom to express it in any way you want.

I think the same thing about you,what you also don't understand

in Russia, too, can Express their opinion,but not so idiotic as it was done by pussy riot

So, freedom of speech is not freedom to do whatever the hell you want in public, it's the freedom to hold whatever view you want and express it without the fear of being oppressed for it.

so that's about it I to you all day and say

in Russia you can Express their opinion,but within acceptable bounds of decency

Edited by alkis3

I think the same thing about you,what you also don't understand

in Russia, too, can Express their opinion,but not so idiotic as it was done by pussy riot

so that's about it I to you all day and say

in Russia you can Express their opinion,but within acceptable bounds of decency

That's not what you stated earlier, i.e.:

when your freedom normal people must endure freaks,

in my freedom it is when freaks are not showing their deviations children.
and not spoil children, weakened brains,replacing the taste and tastelessness norm replace brad
thus not imposing children stupid thoughts

So which is it? You can express any opinion you like, so long as it's done appropriately, or you can't express some opinions in public?

not so as to dress up like a clown and run around with bare ass on the street, of shouting Putin go ,or like this

you should Express his point of view, adequately - it is not prohibited

if you want to criticize Putin,you have to speak like a normal person,but not like a clown .
If you'll behave like a pussy riot about you will say that you are crazy,not a politician
If you talk to criticize the policy,act normal,then no you will not face punishment

if to speak about gay parades

that gay parades were held in Moscow and St. Petersburg.and they were permitted by the government

but the citizens went out against gay ,and was a fight

but now not give permission,but gay parades still go ,and end with a fight

not so as to dress up like a clown and run around with bare ass on the street, of shouting Putin go ,or like this

you should Express his point of view, adequately - it is not prohibited

if you want to criticize Putin,you have to speak like a normal person,but not like a clown .

If you'll behave like a pussy riot about you will say that you are crazy,not a politician

If you talk to criticize the policy,act normal,then no you will not face punishment

"I disapprove of what you say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it." - Evelyn Beatrice Hall

This is not only what freedom of speech means to the person speaking, but it should also be the "attitude" of everyone listening as well. What you're doing here is telling people they'll offend you with their opinion if you don't like what they say. That's not freedom at all.

Well, I say once again that in Russia you may say that Putin is bad,for you it will not be in prison.
But you do it with dignity

criticize Putin please, but only do not mix politics and circus

if you behave like a clown, then go to the circus ,but not politics
In politics, behave as a politician

in Sochi Cossacks attacked riot pussy,there riot pussy no one is offended,and on this, no one is arrested

But those who attacked riot pussy Cossacks were arrested,and there opened a criminal case against them

because an attack not legally,and I support that,the Cossacks were not supposed to attack

and if Cossacks will be put in jail,it will be legally

Edited by alkis3

Well, I say once again that in Russia you may say that Putin is bad,for you it will not be in prison.

But you do it with dignity

criticize Putin please, but only do not mix politics and circus

if you behave like a clown, then go to the circus ,but not politics

In politics, behave as a politician

in Sochi Cossacks attacked riot pussy,there riot pussy no one is offended,and on this, no one is arrested

But those who attacked riot pussy Cossacks were arrested,and there opened a criminal case against them

because an attack not legally,and I support that,the Cossacks were not supposed to attack

and if Cossacks will be put in jail,it will be legally

I feel as if your understanding of the English language limits your ability to communicate your points. Correct me if I am wrong, I do not mean this in an offensive way but an authentic way. Furthermore, saying one should not mix "politics and circus" is too vague of a statement.

My two cents?

Putin is a stubborn, ignorant, elitist politician who has done nothing but to isolate himself from the free world. History will not judge him well, and his anti-gay, anti-west, anti-freedom decisions have done nothing but put Russia in a complicated position for the future.

As far as Pussy Riot? Sometimes unlawful dissent is needed to stop the unlawful actions of an unlawful government.

I feel as if your understanding of the English language limits your ability to communicate your points.

I know English a maximum of 10-20 words

there is a matter of state security,of course when it comes to super important information can be anything

you look at America,there are no such cases?

they pursue Julian Assange , Edward Snowden and they would have killed them if you get to them,

the Americans hold Manning in jail for telling the truth

there is a matter of state security,of course when it comes to super important information can be anything

you look at America,there are no such cases?

they pursue Julian Assange , Edward Snowden and they would have killed them if you get to them,

the Americans hold Manning in jail for telling the truth

This is true to an extent. Would we have killed Edward Snowden or Julian Assange? most likely not. As the public outcry would be very drastic.

The difference in Russia is the reasoning and lack of any transparency, people in Russia would simply disappear. Not saying that there are not cases of that in the United States, but I think it is quite obvious that human rights violations are far more severe in Russia as opposed to the United States.

Edited by toastywombel

but I think it is quite obvious that human rights violations are far more severe in Russia as opposed to the United States.

just listen Edward Snowden about which human rights are respected in USA

I could lead you to some facts,but I have already given a warning for criticizing the U.S.

so I will refrain,in order not to have the ban for political views

I don't believe you based on what you have written in this thread alone. What's more, your occasional slip ups where you use proper punctuation, contractions, and other standard English grammar lead me to believe your poor English usage is an affectation.

What is your purpose in bringing up the girl band? Are you simply trolling?

just listen Edward Snowden about which human rights are respected in USA

I could lead you to some facts,but I have already given a warning for criticizing the U.S.

so I will refrain,in order not to have the ban for political views

!

Moderator Note

The warning given (see: http://www.scienceforums.net/topic/81981-russia-us-the-west-vs-wwiii-part-i/?p=800488) was regarding the insulting language you used, not because of any political points you made (you didn't make any, as far as I could see).

In this thread you have again violated my express warning not to make slurs against a group or groups of people in your characterization of homosexuals as freaks or in some way not normal people. You will not be warned about this again, the thread will simply be closed.

Предупреждение дано было по поводу оскорбительного языка, который Вы использовали, не из-за каких-либо политических очков вы сделали (вы не делал, насколько я мог видеть).

I use a translator ,I don't know why he writes offensive

I have nothing bad in his comments do not write

I use a translator ,I don't know why he writes offensive

I have nothing bad in his comments do not write

!

Moderator Note

Firstly, I am a she, not a he.

Secondly, your use of the word freaks, your implication that homosexuals are abnormal and your description of all non-Russian cultures as inferior is not appropriate. If you have any further questions about this, please use the private message function, or report the post. Any more posts in response to moderation will be removed.

I want to tell you about all the protesters in Russia

pussy riot ,Alexei Navalny ,Kseniya Sobchak and other

maybe some of you have not known,but these people are not real opposition

This is a common provocateurs that someone bribed , they do this to create a bad image of Russia

Will arguments :

look at the style of life of these people,pussy riot from Moscow went to Sochi,the distance from Moscow to Sochi -1500 km

I the usual Russian,I never had arrived in Sochi, travelling is expensive,Need money to airplane, and need money on a hotel, and so on

after that they go in Nizhny Novgorod,after that they go to America to meet with Hillary Clinton

they complain that they live poorly?

if you think that they are earning on the music you wrong,anyone talentless music't need

I can't afford to take and at any moment to go to Sochi,it is expensive,but I'm not saying that Russia is bad

and they do everything and complain how bad it is to live

you ask yourself, what are these people,where they have such money, and where they have such ties

Edited by alkis3